Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Line-X Standard or Premium
Do folks recommend the Line-X Standard or Premium? My dealer charges $150 more for the Premium. We keep our Tundra garaged and plan to add a retractable bed cover (Truck Covers USA American Roll Cover) soon, too, so I am thinking we can get by fine with the Line-X Standard, but definitely would pay for Premium if the Standard will fade or get the whitish, rubbed look much sooner than the Premium.

One Line-X dealer I spoke with said the whitish, faded look that some Line-X standard liners get is due to UV damage, so that shouldn't be an issue for our garaged truck, correct?

The Line-X dealer also said the Premium is easier to clean because it's like a Teflon finish, but all we ever do is sweep out the bed, so I'm thinking that special "non-stick" premium finish isn't worth the $150. Still, we would spend $650 instead of $500 if there is compelling info from you guys to get the premium finish.

Can anyone comment on whether it's worth it to get the Standard or the Premium verstions?

Thanks,
Daniel AKA MugsTun

·
Registered
157 Posts
Since you will have a bed cover, you don't really need to get Line-X premium. Unless you want a darker black finish-- that's another advantage of premium aside from it is easier to clean.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I keep mine covered about 50% of the time and in 3 years the standard Line-X has faded. I would have paid the extra if they had the premium back then and they told me it wouldn't fade.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I went with the premium, $150 is the standard up charge. It cost $650 total to get it done, it retains the color and is worth it regardless if you're going to have a cover on it or not. Also will help when you try to sell it and the liner still looks new.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
+1 For premium. I just had mine done a year ago, and because I live in AZ I didn't want it to fade over time. After a year, it still looks as good as day 1, and it is super easy to clean. I think I paid $525 for it, and I am super happy with the results.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanks for this thread as this confirms me to get the Line-X premium as it will be worth it it in the long run. Also especially if you plan on selling the truck later on it will help with the resale value.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went with the premium, $150 is the standard up charge. It cost $650 total to get it done, it retains the color and is worth it regardless if you're going to have a cover on it or not. Also will help when you try to sell it and the liner still looks new.
Thanks for the info. Even though we plan to keep the truck for 15 years, you never know what changes life brings and $150 isn't much in the long run.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I keep mine covered about 50% of the time and in 3 years the standard Line-X has faded. I would have paid the extra if they had the premium back then and they told me it wouldn't fade.
If you don't mind stating, where are you located? I'm wondering if the sun is beating down on it the 50% of the time it's uncovered.

We'll have a retractable bed cover over it 95% of the time and it will be garaged. We also plan to keep the truck for 10-15 years. That being said, I'll willingly spend $150 more for premium if there is a chance the standard will fade even with the cover and garaging.

·
Registered
684 Posts
If you don't mind stating, where are you located? I'm wondering if the sun is beating down on it the 50% of the time it's uncovered.

We'll have a retractable bed cover over it 95% of the time and it will be garaged. We also plan to keep the truck for 10-15 years. That being said, I'll willingly spend $150 more for premium if there is a chance the standard will fade even with the cover and garaging.
If you're planing on keeping it 15 years. There should be no debate on whether or not the $150 is worth it. Anything will fade after 15 years regardless of sun exposure.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

KY. Mine is garage kept as well. The standard fades pretty quickly. I power washed mine today just to see what it would do with my strongest tip and it did make a difference. It's the tip that you can write your name in concrete :D. I'd say the stuff can definitely take a beating but it would be a lot of work to try and get it back anywhere close to where it was after the install. I wish they had the better stuff when I had mine sprayed it wouldn't have been a question. I will say it is really durable that is the best part

1 - 13 of 13 Posts