Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This will be a journey, a blank slate to start with! My goal is to have the cleanest looking f'n tundra 'round here...and on this website. I have a lot of plans, and probably a lot of questions.

So...my build starts here:
I purchased a 2018 Limited Crewmax TRD in cement a few days ago, with pretty much every option that I could add. Coming from a 2015 Limited (which Harvey took) I am starting over with this build. This thread will be updated accordingly when mods get completed. I dropped the truck off yesterday to the paint shop to dechrome and debadge. And a little custom work on the Limited grill. Should have by the end of next week then off to the next shop. List of mods coming as soon as possible:

Handles and mirror caps in cement
Spray in bed liner
Bakflip mx4 with bakbox
Tint (completed)
Amp research steps (backordered)
ESPTrucks lockable storage
Full interior LED lighting

When I get the truck back next week it's off to the audio shop and I will attempt to stuff 2 JL audio 13.5 tw5s behind the rear seat and rework the JBL factory system.

Mods I'm currently in a standstill on:
Wheels (waiting on them to be released)
Tires (285/55r22 Nitto trail grapplers)
Toytec BOSS 3 Inch Lift Coilover Suspension (on the way)
Coachbuilder 2" shackles (on the way)

Once the wheels are released all that will go on

Further down the line:
TRD exhaust system
TRD sway bar
Long tube headers with custom tune
High flow cats
And more to come...

Been working from dark to dark haven't had a chance to get many pics before paint but here it is stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
This will be a journey, a blank slate to start with! My goal is to have the cleanest looking f'n tundra 'round here...and on this website. I have a lot of plans, and probably a lot of questions.

So...my build starts here:
I purchased a 2018 Limited Crewmax TRD in cement a few days ago, with pretty much every option that I could add. Coming from a 2015 Limited (which Harvey took) I am starting over with this build. This thread will be updated accordingly when mods get completed. I dropped the truck off yesterday to the paint shop to dechrome and debadge. And a little custom work on the Limited grill. Should have by the end of next week then off to the next shop. List of mods coming as soon as possible:

Handles and mirror caps in cement
Spray in bed liner
Bakflip mx4 with bakbox
Tint (completed)
Amp research steps (backordered)
ESPTrucks lockable storage
Full interior LED lighting

When I get the truck back next week it's off to the audio shop and I will attempt to stuff 2 JL audio 13.5 tw5s behind the rear seat and rework the JBL factory system.

Mods I'm currently in a standstill on:
Wheels (waiting on them to be released)
Tires (285/55r22 Nitto trail grapplers)
6112/5160 Bilstein
Coachbuilder 2" shackles

Once the wheels are released all that will go on

Further down the line:
TRD exhaust system
TRD sway bar
Long tube headers with custom tune
High flow cats
And more to come...

Been working from dark to dark haven't had a chance to get many pics before paint but here it is stock.
What wheels are you waiting on?

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
Replace the factory head unit or your wasting your time trying to work with the factory audio, it will not be as good as you want, especially adding that much boom

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
(UPDATE) Back from paint, dechromed and debadged. More pics coming soon. Handles and mirror caps shipped out today. And part of the suspension has arrived.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Looks great!!! Very nice!

With your suspension...you going to wait to install until Toyota says theres a way to adjust the front radar? I know you posted and said your dealership received notice to not alter the suspension on the 2018s.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I'm in a hold pattern anyway because of the wheels I want aren't going to be available what I'm hearing is 4-6 weeks. Maybe in that time things will get ironed out, if not... I will throw the shocks on when I get the wheels

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Well I'm in a hold pattern anyway because of the wheels I want aren't going to be available what I'm hearing is 4-6 weeks. Maybe in that time things will get ironed out, if not... I will throw the shocks on when I get the wheels
Hahhahaha nice ??

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
So much better than that lame ass chrome

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update: Handles, mirror caps done. Have been for about a week. Coachbuilder shackles arrived today. I bit the bullet and went with some different rims for now, 20's. So those and the tires are on the way. I shouldn't have issues with a 295/60r20 should I? +18 offset wheels. So hopefully the lift will be on next week. Also the amp research steps won't work... Won't be available for 2-3 months (wiring) so the guy threw these on from his truck for now until they come in. Still more to come, wife and I drove down to galveston this past weekend got a pic of the debadge. Any thoughts on removing the TRD off road sticker? I'm undecided.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
Lose the sticker

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.