Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning turned my 07 crewmax 5.7 on and the (traction control light is on solid, VSC is blinking, 4hi blinking, and abs light is on solid.) no idea what this could mean. Anyone have any insight?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
This morning turned my 07 crewmax 5.7 on and the (traction control light is on solid, VSC is blinking, 4hi blinking, and abs light is on solid.) no idea what this could mean. Anyone have any insight?
Go by advance auto or someone that will pull the errors codes for you for free. Hard to tell without codes.

You can try reseting the ECU by disconnecting the battery cable for at least 10 mins and then reconnecting.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Possibly a wheel speed sensor problem. Have the DTC codes read at your local auto supply store. That will tell you where to look.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me on the way to work this morning in my 2008 DC. I was on a 4 lane highway with the cruise set and out nowhere the ABS and traction control came on solid with the VSC Off, 4HI and 4LO lights blinking. It didn't lose any speed or do anything else strange so I just kept going for another few miles until I got to the side road I take from the highway to work. Once I turned on the side road I stopped and shut off the ignition. When I restarted the lights were out and everything seemed to be working fine.

Is there anything that could cause these lights without there being anything actually damaged? I was thinking maybe a little ice on the road caused one wheel to spin faster for a moment, some bit of ice or snow in a wheel sensor, or something along those lines that would trip the system but be fine after a restart.

Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had this same problem on my 2011.. started while climbing up a steep snow covered driveway.. Same lights came on. Turned off truck, restart, drove a round block... all lights off except ABS, which went away after a day or so. informed dealer of issue at next oil change. 2 hours later, I was informed that all they could tell was one wheel spun faster than the other 3 and that set off the lights. They had no idea what the fix was. fast forward 2 weeks, get a phone call from the dealer, said they were sending a field rep to my house to flash the ECM and install new software. Field rep explained to me that they found an error in the coding for the ABS sensors. No issues after software update.

Just thought I would share my experience on a very similar issue. I have no idea what software version it was upgraded to or any specifics like that... best of luck to you all!

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It turned out to be the front passenger side wheel sensor wire. It was cracked open and rusted out . I cut out the bad spot and soldered back together. No more problems.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine turned out to be the harness that splits to the two rear wheel sensors. The connectors we're corroded and turned blue. I tried contact cleaner but the holes in the connector are so small it's near impossible to clean them up. I think the harness was about $85.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.