Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Saturday Everyone-

I have been roaming thru the lighting threads and cannot seem to find where anyone has upgraded the headlights in a Platinum Tundra. I have a 2017 and love the LED strip but want to upgrade the bulbs as well. This leads me to so many questions:

Can this be done without effecting the LED strip?

Is it a simple plug and play process?

Can the Fog Lamps be upgraded?

What do you recommend for bulbs?

TR

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have a 14 platinum , I just got in Led Hikari from Amazon. Another member gave them good reviews. I can let you know how they do if you are interested. Will install this Monday I hope.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
I swapped the fogs for Morimoto's, and the headlights to LED bulbs. I forget what brand now. But I am happy. Looks nice and clear, don't get flashed much more often than when stock, except when I am in the uppity areas on dark roads where people think you forgot the brights on.

Not as good a a retrofit, but better than slapping in HID's by far.

Reactions: treihing

·
Registered
14,224 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
These are some pics today first pic not that good to see color temp. I am super happy with them the color temp is good. Can see signs and reflectors very well. The secound is a pic of me going down the road. Install was straight forward, remove grill then pieces underneath headlight. Hardest part was rubber boot for bulbs had to cut four slits in it to fit around cooling fan. I am super pleased with them. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
These are some pics today first pic not that good to see color temp. I am super happy with them the color temp is good. Can see signs and reflectors very well. The secound is a pic of me going down the road. Install was straight forward, remove grill then pieces underneath headlight. Hardest part was rubber boot for bulbs had to cut four slits in it to fit around cooling fan. I am super pleased with them. Hope this helps.

do you have link to it on amazon?

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Happy Saturday Everyone-

I have been roaming thru the lighting threads and cannot seem to find where anyone has upgraded the headlights in a Platinum Tundra. I have a 2017 and love the LED strip but want to upgrade the bulbs as well. This leads me to so many questions:

TR
I went with the GTR Lighting Gen 3 LEDs from Headlight Revolution in my 2016 Crewmax SR5. Easy install, no cutting of the rubber boots, and awesome light output! Foglights are next. Planning to retrofit with the Morimoto XB fogs. In my pictures, the split photo is of low beam (top) and high beam (bottom). With the high beams, note how the surrounding trees are lit up, as well as the building in the right background. This is without the foglights on. I haven't changed those yet, so I don't use them since they're that crappy yellow color. Oh, and these bulbs come with a lifetime warranty. It's hard to see the color in the photo, but it is a pure white color with a great beam pattern. After adjusting the level (so I don't blind anyone), using my phone's light sensor, it measured 1579 lux at 25 feet. Had them in for a couple of weeks now, and haven't gotten flashed once! Pricey, but definitely worth it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you have a link to where you ordered them?

Happy Saturday Everyone-

TR
I went with the GTR Lighting Gen 3 LEDs from Headlight Revolution in my 2016 Crewmax SR5. Easy install, no cutting of the rubber boots, and awesome light output! Foglights are next. Planning to retrofit with the Morimoto XB fogs. In my pictures, the split photo is of low beam (top) and high beam (bottom). With the high beams, note how the surrounding trees are lit up, as well as the building in the right background. This is without the foglights on. I haven't changed those yet, so I don't use them since they're that crappy yellow color. Oh, and these bulbs come with a lifetime warranty. It's hard to see the color in the photo, but it is a pure white color with a great beam pattern. After adjusting the level (so I don't blind anyone), using my phone's light sensor, it measured 1579 lux at 25 feet. Had them in for a couple of weeks now, and haven't gotten flashed once! Pricey, but definitely worth it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.