Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I cant seem to find options for light bar and really dont know where to start. My plan is to:
1. hook up a 52" visionx led bar on front bumper
2. Later on upgrade the grill to Rigid industries with 30" Led bar

Mine is currently stock crewmax without any exterior upgrades. Not even sure if its legal to light em up at night

Thank all

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I mistated, I am looking for the mount option on front bumper. Not the LED bar itself. And as far as the LED light bar itself goes i am not sure.

1. Buy the cheap one for $500 and change every year or so if they go bad
2. Invest $3000 and wait 4-5 years to change it again.

Thanks

·
Banned
314 Posts
3k??? How many are you planning to run?

As far as mounts, both companies offer many different mounting designs & options

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vision X 50" is somewhere around that. I looked up online and not all bars fit toyota tundra 2013. So $150 for bar and rest I am debating on LED bar.

3k??? How many are you planning to run?

As far as mounts, both companies offer many different mounting designs & options

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So are the LED light bar mounts generic or do they have to be tailor fitted ?

I just ordered a 41.2" LED Light bar

·
Banned
314 Posts
Other then the Rigid Grille, Nfab bumpers and mounts and the Rigid Fog light conversion all LED bar mounts are generic.

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I am not a fan of the light bar across the top above the windshield and don't want one mounted to my front bumper - fender bender or thief come to mind.
I bought some 6000 Lumens lights that have 6 10watt Cree Leds and plan to mount them behind the mesh grille. They are seriously bright and cost me about $200. Can't see spending that kind of money on lights that I will only use about 3-5 times a year on night offroad runs. IMHO the LED light bars are overpriced and under used. So it seems most of them are for looks and only get used a few times a year.

Reactions: Brandan86

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
I am not a fan of the light bar across the top above the windshield and don't want one mounted to my front bumper - fender bender or thief come to mind.
I bought some 6000 Lumens lights that have 6 10watt Cree Leds and plan to mount them behind the mesh grille. They are seriously bright and cost me about $200. Can't see spending that kind of money on lights that I will only use about 3-5 times a year on night offroad runs. IMHO the LED light bars are overpriced and under used. So it seems most of them are for looks and only get used a few times a year.
Good point. Got a link of the lights that you have.

Reactions: Brandan86

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well no one tow's or hauls stuff everyday in trucks but still people do buy truck. Its a lot to do with baddassery, same goes with light and every other mod. Mine will be going on bumper and later on with additional RI grill with 30" LED bar :D

Will post pictures and price once work is completed.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Here are the lights I bought and 2 are plenty bright. Web Store Found them on Ebay for $249 shipped for 2. Just hard for me to justify spending $1k on lights that I don't use much. And I more worry about them getting stolen and losing that kind of money. Hopefully I can get my brackets bent this week to mount them - already have the wire just need my brackets.

Reactions: Franco0220

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Option 1 enter and win this months truck of the month and I will send you a 20" bar just for winning :)

Option 2 look in the group buy section for the group buy I have going or send me a PM for a coupon code to my site saltriverled.com for 25% off. All of my bars carry a lifetime warranty.

Option 3 spend more, get less elsewhere

Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
What options are you looking for? Rigid bars out perform the Vision X ones, although they do cost a tad more.
I think you are mis-informed. Vision X has light bars that are double the output of the same size Rigid product and Vision X is a tad more expensive. You've got it backwards.

If you're looking for an affordable light bar get Rigid - if you want the brightest light bars on Earth, check into Vision X, like this one:
LED, HID, and Halogen Lighting | Off Road Lighting | Offroad LED Lighting | Mine Lighting | Mining Lighting | Marine Lighting | Agriculture Lighting | Defense Lighting | Industrial Lighting | Commercial Lighting | Automotive Lighting

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
I think you are mis-informed. Vision X has light bars that are double the output of the same size Rigid product and Vision X is a tad more expensive. You've got it backwards.

If you're looking for an affordable light bar get Rigid - if you want the brightest light bars on Earth, check into Vision X, like this one:
LED, HID, and Halogen Lighting | Off Road Lighting | Offroad LED Lighting | Mine Lighting | Mining Lighting | Marine Lighting | Agriculture Lighting | Defense Lighting | Industrial Lighting | Commercial Lighting | Automotive Lighting
And if you want the greatest warranty ever on a set of LED lights, get the Salt River LED lights. Wish I had a pair to replace my halogens.

Reactions: wingnut537

·
Registered
83 Posts
And if you want the greatest warranty ever on a set of LED lights, get the Salt River LED lights. Wish I had a pair to replace my halogens.
Might I ask what's great about the Salt River LED Light warranty? I see that they are a knockoff of Vision X products. I believe Vision X and Rigid Industries both offer lifetime warranty.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Might I ask what's great about the Salt River LED Light warranty? I see that they are a knockoff of Vision X products. I believe Vision X and Rigid Industries both offer lifetime warranty.
I think knockoff is a bit harsh but.... Bluewater led also calls these their own cyber lights. And a few other have branded these as their own. But I digress

To answer your question is there is a difference between a "lifetime" warranty and a LIFETIME warranty. Before deciding to offer these I tested them and then tested some more. I have frozen them in a solid block of ice, dropped them from over 30 feet, threw one out my window at 45mph And even shot one with a 12gauge and still they work. It wasn't until I shot one with a 5.7x28mm round that I was able to kill it.

My margins aren't what the big guys get so I wouldn't offer a lifetime warranty if the product wasn't worthy. If the light EVER fails send it back and I will replace it. If after looking at my pricing (especialy with a tundratalk coupon) and warranty you still feel you would be better served by another light then by all means purchase what YOU feel best about, it's your money and its going on your truck.

Reactions: TexasTundra4.6
1 - 20 of 38 Posts