Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I need your help with lights. I would like to mount at least 2 driving lights on my 02 Tundra for spotting deer, errr driving down the road I mean. Have any ideas for me? Pictures would be helpful. I am trying to decide what brand, what wattage, and how to mount. Do I buy a bull bar of some sort, or do I mount directly to bumper? Your help is much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Have u thought about a light bar like the ones made by rigid? They come with mounting brackets and look pretty good, I think u might b able to fit one in the lower grill of your truck or on the roof! The second pic gives u almost a side by side comparison from looking at but not from a driving view. Go on YouTube and put those lights in the search and u will find tons of vids.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
You can put a single row in the bumper like I did.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you use the same brand, as mentioned above? I am still a fan of the traditional round lights. Having a hard time getting excited about the look of the strip lights. Just me though. I know that they are way more efficient.

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
I'm pretty sure he has the rigid light bar also. Obt your truck looks good like that!!!!! To the op I guess it's all preference, if u like the look of the round off-road look the u would need a light bar with maybe some old school kc lights or there are a thousand other choices. As for me I like the sleek look of the light bar and they are ridiculously bright. But what ever u get I would recommend led light's versus the standard bulbs cause they are brighter and more durable

http://www.4wheelparts.com/search.aspx?kw=offroad+lights

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=221135807852

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdl1HW0_vfU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

G

·
Cheap answer... go to Walmart get a set of the Blazer(?) Driving lights. The are like 3"x5" lights. Get a set of Silver Star (or similar) bulbs. And mount directly to the bumper.
Next go up to a Bull Bar, could run the same set up or go up to a nice set of KC/Hella/PIAA whatever your preference is.
And the more expensive but also cost effective. Go to the LED lights.

I went the cheap route and am happy with the light output. Have been considering bumping up to LEDs though.
I flush mounted them in the grill
Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Car Automotive lighting
This is without the silver stars
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
You can put a single row in the bumper like I did.
That looks good!!! is there anywhere to be able to put that in the bumper of a '12

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry for the slow response guys. First off I wanna say thanks for all the compliments on my truck and setup. And as for as my light bar, it is a 30" single row torton brand bar. I got it from Chris at okledlightbars.com

·
Registered
65 Posts
That looks good!!! is there anywhere to be able to put that in the bumper of a '12
There should be a spot to put one, post a couple pictures of the front of your truck and the bumper braces and I can see if it would work.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
There should be a spot to put one, post a couple pictures of the front of your truck and the bumper braces and I can see if it would work.
Here u go

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here u go
Not sure on the length and height of the middle slot but it looks like a 20" might fit if you cut he little plastic bar in the middle of it.

Reactions: atl1glf

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was hoping to do something like this. I can find them for 07 and newer, but what about 1st gens?? Anyone have any ideas for something like this, or the kind with a skid below?? Will it have to be custom? Dont want to go with an ARB if I can help it.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was hoping to do something like this. I can find them for 07 and newer, but what about 1st gens?? Anyone have any ideas for something like this, or the kind with a skid below?? Will it have to be custom? Dont want to go with an ARB if I can help it.
i had a bar custom made that is fairly similar to that, couldnt find any for sale that i liked so i had one made, ill get some picks when i get of work.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i had a bar custom made that is fairly similar to that, couldnt find any for sale that i liked so i had one made, ill get some picks when i get of work.
Pics would be great. I found a guy up in northern Washington, that is doing what I am looking for. (badlandbumpers.com)

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Call keith from dirtydeeds industries and he can make u whatever you want! His number is in his sig. Great guy and if u have to go that route he is somebody u would want to give your money to, lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts