Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install my lightbar switch in one of the blanks next to my tow/haul switch under the 4wd control. Is there a switch that will fit with no or very little modification to the panel?

I was also thinking about putting a switch for power to my winch there also if it is possible. I have never had a winch before so I don't know if it can be done.

Any help or advice is appreciated. Any instructions would be REALLY appreciated.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Reactions: Westin and Off_Axis

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw those. How do they fit?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Im not sure, i haven't actually compared the switch measurement to the blanks. I found those through TT so someone must have done it before.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I like the apocalypse light switch.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really just want a switch that fits without modification.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I've used a smaller toggle switch- drilled out one of the blanks for the threaded stub, had to dremel some of the plastic ridges on the back side to help fit the control box of the switch. I was able to keep the top and bottom tabs though of the blank plate so it snapped back in nicely. Doesn't look stock as its a toggle, but the finish product was clean.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm good with that, if it will work. Do you have pics and a part number?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I am going to order those myself. I have been eyeing them for a while. I think they only require minor cutting. Just have t open the hole a little bit. That site also sells blanks to fit the hold so if you ever decide to take your switch out or relocate, just put one of their blanks in the bigger hole, they are under $2.

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
From what I understand, all you will need to do is trim out the back of the hole to make the new switches fit. I haven't done it myself but I know someone who has

·
Registered
352 Posts
Take the switch blank you want to use to a local Radio Shack. That's what I did for the Anytime Camera mod. I found a switch small enough that I didn't need to do anything to the blank other than pop a 1/4" hole in the middle.

Make sure that the current rating of the switch is inline with what you're using it for (at least as high as the line is fused for but preferably higher).

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Think I am going to just go ahead and order the switches from OTRATTW. I don't ever want to get rid of my Tundra so I guess it does not matter if I have to cut to fit.

Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just ordered red LED one to go with my off road lights, I just ordered also so will have pics as soon as I get them installed. Will let you guys know if it fits in the blanks and how much modding was needed.
I'm very interested to see pictures of the red LED switch installed and turned on. I'm also interested to see how you think it looks. I don't know whether I should order red or blue.... please post pics!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm very interested to see pictures of the red LED switch installed and turned on. I'm also interested to see how you think it looks. I don't know whether I should order red or blue.... please post pics!
It was shipped today so as soon as it gets here ill make it fit and will take pics.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Picspi

Here are the pics of thr new switches installed. They don't have power yet, but they are installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alot of cutting. Used a dremel. Took about an hour because I took my time.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Going to put mine there also but going to move the tow haul over to the right of the steering wheel.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts