Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 toyota tundra double cab and i'm looking to get anywhere between a 3-5 inch lift.
After a few google searches I saw there are some really expensive lifting kits or lifting blocks for around $50.
Was wondering what is the difference between a lifting kit and just the blocks, Are the blocks safe?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Once you start thinking about lifting everything you ever known about lifting will change. It's an endless amount of options and parts that could drive a man/woman insane. if you stay 3 inches or lower you'll still be safe, and I honestly feel at that height it's the best combination in terms of looks and performance... But when you go higher than that, be prepared to open up your wallet. The higher the lift the higher the cost.

You can still save yourself. It's too late for me.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
if you stay 3 inches or lower you'll still be safe, and I honestly feel at that height it's the best combination in terms of looks and performance... But when you go higher than that, be prepared to open up your wallet. The higher the lift the higher the cost.
The sweet spot is 2" IMO. Raise the front with struts, leave the rear alone. Don't need UCAs to get good alignment, and the truck will handle and ride well. Go higher (up to ~3") and you are looking at UCAs, shackles or something on the rear, diff and driveshaft spacers, etc. Go higher yet, and you need a drop bracket kit which is more $$$.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.