Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, currently looking at getting a lift. After Hurricane Harvey, I've realized just how handy a lift can be. I'd like to do a 6" lift but working in a downtown area and in parking in garages limits my height capability. So with a limit of 6'8", I'm wanting to do Rough Country's new 4" lift (4/2.5) with 35s.

So my question is. How big is your lift/tires and what is the shortest parking garage you've parked in?

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Hello, currently looking at getting a lift. After Hurricane Harvey, I've realized just how handy a lift can be. I'd like to do a 6" lift but working in a downtown area and in parking in garages limits my height capability. So with a limit of 6'8", I'm wanting to do Rough Country's new 4" lift (4/2.5) with 35s.

So my question is. How big is your lift/tires and what is the shortest parking garage you've parked in?
The height of your Tundra assuming its a 4x4 with factory 32" tires is approx. 76.4" (6' 4"), so a 4" lift with 35" tires would put you at approx. 6' 9 1/2". I have a BDS 4.5" lift with 34" tires and I am just able to fit in our 7' 0" parking garage with less than 2" to spare. Like you I took the height of my parking garage into consideration when choosing my lift and tires and wanted at least 2" clearance to be on the safe side. I also measured the clearance above my truck in the parking garage before deciding on the lift to make sure it was doable. Hope this helps?

·
Registered
104 Posts

I work downtown as well, and my garage has a 6'7" clearance. I have fitted 34" tires on the truck and don't have an issue with clearance in my garage. I think I can get away with about another 1/5" level at best. I would just be sure to try and give yourself a bit extra clearance just in case. I have noticed on some of the incline to level transitions the roof of the truck is closer to the roof height.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The height of your Tundra assuming its a 4x4 with factory 32" tires is approx. 76.4" (6' 4"), so a 4" lift with 35" tires would put you at approx. 6' 9 1/2". I have a BDS 4.5" lift with 34" tires and I am just able to fit in our 7' 0" parking garage with less than 2" to spare. Like you I took the height of my parking garage into consideration when choosing my lift and tires and wanted at least 2" clearance to be on the safe side. I also measured the clearance above my truck in the parking garage before deciding on the lift to make sure it was doable. Hope this helps?
About the same here. I have a 4 1/2" RC Lift with 35s and can fit in my 7' garage with about 1" to spare. Curious why I always find myself ducking when I pull the truck out :)

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the input and info!
I was mainly curious because height wise it seems like I wont fit, but there is a 3rd gen Tundra with 35s and a procomp bracket lift which I'm sure is a 4". He fits but I have no idea how. Maybe the 6'8" is actually 6"10 lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the antenna height is 6'8"? When I enter the garage, the antenna is about 1/4-1/2" too tall and touches the height bar. No where else in the garage does my antenna hit, but that doesn't speak for the middle height of the truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2010 had a 3 inch with 33’s and I fit in 6’8 but couldn’t go to our lower level. My 17 is 6 inch with 35’s cause I said who needs a garage. :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
My garage is 85 inches and I fit with a ProComp 6 inch and 35's. The truck is level but if I forget to drain the bags down after towing then it will definitely make contact on the roof...

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Tundra SR5 S/C
56 Posts
I know this sounds a little weird but.... I had a 07 Crewmax with a 6" rough country and 35x12.50s and fit in the local parking garage that we park at to go out in the town. the garage states a 78" clearance and i fit on every floor except the Top I couldn't get past the last opening due to it being too small. I always used the Stock antenna as a tell tale. i knew if that hit in any of the garages i would be a little close.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.