Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After researching and reading for months, I finally decided on what I wanted to do with my truck. I decided to stay very mild on the lift/tire size as I plan to tow a 34' travel trailer in the near future and did not want to drastically impact the performance of the truck. Here is what I decided on:

2" front spacer from Supreme Suspensions
Firestone Airbags for rear (hoping to get .5-1" of lift at minimum PSI, I want to keep most of my rake)
295/65/18 Goodyear Duratracs
18x9 Level 8 Guardians in matte black

Hoping to install the spacers this weekend. Tires will be in this week but the wheels may not come in till the end of the month so it may be a bit till tires/wheels are installed. Will update this thread with pics ASAP! Can't wait for this!!

Reactions: 2010

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Congrats man, I am sure you will love it all. As for the air bags, minimum required psi is 5 but do yourself a favor and bump that up to 7-8 since air bags do leak and unless you literally check the pressure daily you will quickly be under the minimum 5 psi if you set them there and you could damage the bags. I am not sure how much lift you will get from them with that psi though since I have a spacer under my bags due to the rear shackle lift. I think I am going to install the on-board air pump for the bags as I am getting too lazy to constantly check the psi in them and adjust.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely inflate them to 8 or so. In reading Brock's build thread, he said he got 1" of lift at minimum PSI so that's what I'm hoping to get. If I don't get any lift for some reason, I'll just pick up a set of Coach's 2" shackles.

Reactions: 2010

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the airbags and front spacers installed this weekend. Airbags took me 3.5 hours to install working alone and I routed the airlines into the gas door like I had seen done by others. Front spacers took 3 hours to install with my father in law using air tools, went overall very easy and I have never done suspension work before. Tires are sitting at Discount Tire while I wait for my wheels to be delivered by Discount Tire Direct. Measurements now are 38.5 front and 40 rear, looks perfect on my opinion. Airbags are at 8 lbs passenger side and 20 lbs driver side to eliminate drivers lean. Here are some pics!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
It looks really good. I think that amount of fit is perfect. How is the ride with the bags?

Also, don't forget pics when the wheels and tires go on.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! The ride is great with the bags, may be a bit smoother than without. Will post pics once the wheels/tires are on, probably won't be till next week unfortunately! :(

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got my wheels via UPS today, hoping to get out of work in time to get them and the tires mounted today. Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They're on and so far absolutely love them!! IMO perfect size. Had to remove front mini mud flap and might need to do fender liner mod they are real close. Front fender measures at 39.25" and rear at 40.75". Here are the pics!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Looks sweet!! Hey what exhaust tip are you running.. I like!!

Reactions: toy4x4boy

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks awesome man! I agree with MadMan, that exhaust tip is sweet! Enjoy your new setup, what offset are your wheels by the way?

Reactions: toy4x4boy

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 39 Posts