Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Lift Spindles!!

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  ficestat 
#1 ·
I am lifting my 2011 2wd tundra with lift spindles because its much cheaper then going with a full lift at this time. 3 inch spindle lift with fox 2.0 coilovers which will add another 2 inches of lift for a total of 5 half inch lift. I do not jump or momb through the desert but i do go offroad and tow my boat a lot. Will these lift spindles be ok for my intended use?

#5 ·
There's a member here (I think his handle is mini madness/mini moto or something like that). That is running Fox 2.0 coilovers with maxtrac spindles, and he posted pics of the finished product. My friend actually sold him the Fox 2.0 coilovers. lol

#6 ·
I couldn't find anything about spindle lifts on tundras.com, so I'm glad to find this thread!

I am looking to do the maxtrac spindle lift as well. My mechanic said he's seen too many tundras with various lift kits not using spindles that blow out the rack and pinion. I have billstein 5100 at 1.5 right now in the front with a ranchand full bumper/guard replacement on my 08 dc.

The 1.5 lift from billsteins did make it look better, but it's not level enough for me. We plan on doing the 3.5 spindle lift only PART #: MXT-706735 in the front. I don't think we'll need to touch the back but if so we have the billstein 5100s there too.

The Maxtrac spindles look good, but if anyone has any other recommendations for a 3 to 3.5 " spindle left, let me know, thanks!

#7 · (Edited)
I just happened to order the MaxTrac 3.5" spindle lift last night. I honestly wasn't aware these were available outside of a full lift kit because... I've been spending too much time at 4WP, who only sell full kits. Anyway, once all is said and done I should have about 6" of lift as I have a 2.5" spacer already in there.

I do play in the dirt, but nothing too drastic and no jumping, and the tech I talked to at my new local shop (not 4WP) knows his stuff (and Trundras) and said it'll be perfect for that use. He's the one who recommended it vs just replacing my 2.5" spacer with a 3/1, which is what I was originally going to do to fit some 33s. So now I'll be going with 35s.

#8 ·
I ordered my MaxTracs from realtruck.com on 4/8. It's gotten delayed for shipping a few times already with expected delivery date of first week of May. Not sure if the parts are just not in inventory for realtruck, or the manufacturer makes and ships directly out. just an fyi

#10 ·
Shipping from? No idea. It took realtruck 7 business days to cancel my order. They said it takes 3-5 business days...Issue is they have to contact the manufacturer directly. Who knows.

Ordered on ebay and got the spindles in 4 business days. One note, my mechanic recommended going with new wheel bearings because they have a tendency of needing to be heated up or bang off when removing them. So going fresh is a better long term plan, that was another $240 for 2 on ebay with oem parts.

Mechanic also noted we'll have to see how the front is height wise with the rear. Possible now may need rear spacers to level out the front...I was trying to avoid that but price I pay for not going to a lift specialty shop. These guys do great work as mechanics overall, but I've found I have to ask a lot of follow up questions to help them think things through to get the the desired outcome, whereas a speciality shop would be able to zero in on that outcome much faster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.