Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys... I just got my taxes finally... But I'm in a bind with the 2nd gen truck... So I want to do everything to this truck but only going to do one... I want to get a feel for this... Should I do:

Lowering kit with 20+ rims...?

Lift the tundra...?

Supercharge the truck..?

I'm not sure but I have never seen a lowered DCLB lowered... Would be cool to see one... I want the platinum wheels too... What do you all think...

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Supercharge.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
471 Posts
a lowered DCLB reminds me of a low rider dually...not very practical but pretty cool if you're into that sort of thing

·
Registered
219 Posts
Why lower a 4x4 truck? Doesn't make sense to me

Supercharger for sure IMO

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
184 Posts
Leave it alone But I am Pro Stock Just bought a 2013 R Cab 4X4 with a 5.7 2 weeks ago and she is staying stock has the SR5 package

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Lift it. I've never seen a DCLB lifted in person...just this.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Never seen a dropped LB.... That would be interesting... Not sure I would pass on a SuperCharger though..!!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
If you drop it make sure you remove any mud flaps, flares, running boards, etc if you have them

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
is it necessary to remove running boards and mudflaps, im considering lowering mine and was wondering about that. I would be going with the TRD kit.

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Spooge Guzzler
6,318 Posts
Lifting and lowering is a lot of money and/or work for a look. The lift in particular. It's kinda like paying good money to have your running shoes turned into high heels for a marathon.
I think you would be happy with a nice set of platinum wheels and the SC. Well, at least I would be happy :)
You can't see what the truck looks like while you're driving it, why not do something that you can actually enjoy from behind the wheel?
Plus, you don't have all the headaches of wheel alignment, tire fitment, zero point whatever adjustment, blah blah blah, on and on.
Plus, the SC will be warrantied.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts