Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay I know I'm probally gonna get beat up for this cuz I'm sure many people have asked a thousand times before, but what amount of lift in the front makes my tundra truly level? She's an 2003 AC SR5 TRD. I'm guessing either 2" or 2.5" Toytec spacers in the front with the 1" diff drop. I just want to ask so if I got the 2.5" I don't end up with that "prerunner" look where the front is slightly higher than the rear. Also I've done a little research and I understand that with about 2" of lift 285's are pretty much the max tire size and 265/75 R16's are largest you can go with factory rims and factory clearance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I was just worried about the front being higher than the back. I would be pulling my hair out if I brought it off the hoist and the front looked way too high.

·
"Rain Maker"
4,325 Posts
With 2.5 your front may ride a little higher. It depends on if the rear springs are warn. I put a add-a-leaf in the back and it has less than half an inch of front rake. To fit 285's and stock rims you will need some spacers. With 285's you will have clearance issues with the UCA. I also had pinch weld issues with my 285's, nothing a hammer and grinder can't fix though.:)
Hope this helps

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the info guys, It's good to know that I am on the right track as to getting that image in my head to come true. I just got it back last night, my neighbor did some body work on my doors (wife had a little "incident" this last winter) and I'm gonna detail her up today maybe I'll have some pics up tonight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.