Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone Im going to be getting wheels tires and a lift. I want to make sure im not making any mistakes in the setup i want. ill be getting MB racing rims with BF Goodrich Tires 285/ 65R 18 and a zone offroad 5 inch lift kit. Any comments would help weather its good or bad or go another route. thanks for the help cant wait to hear your replies

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think that tire size will look a bit small with a 5" lift. I've got bigger tires with a smaller lift (33's on a 3/1) and it looks perfect.

Reactions: Bad Dad's Camrys

·
Registered
530 Posts
Go with 295/70's. you'll find the price is almost the same. The tires you have picked will look ridiculous. There is a member around here with a new zone 5" kit and 35's and it looks perfect.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the kicker for me is im getting the wheels and tires for 1200

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If i do buy those wheels and tires would you recommend just going with a leveling kit?

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
If i do buy those wheels and tires would you recommend just going with a leveling kit?
Don't lift your truck based on a "deal" you can get on tires. Lift your truck to the height you WANT and buy tires around that lift. Worse case, do the 5" lift and see if you like the look with those tires, if you don't then sell the tires and put that money towards larger tires.

By the way, watch the buy/sell thread as there are often tire/wheel deals to be had there.

·
Registered
530 Posts
You know, it's funny how the newer trucks are made. Older trucks have smaller wheel wells, so 33's looked pretty good with a 6" or so lift. The newer trucks have such huge wheel wells that you almost need a 35 nowadays to make the proportions look right, even with a 3/1 kit.

Get the zone 5, and get 35's when funds allow it

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I agree on the tire size. That is way too small. I had 33x12.5 tires with a 6 inch lift and it looked too small. I had to drive it like that for 2 weeks and it was the worst 2 weeks of my life. I was stressed out every time I saw my truck.

·
Banned
65 Posts
i did the 6 inch lift with 35's on 18's and it looks great. they are also the mb wheels. only minor trimming of the factory bumper was necessary. if the tires look small now, give it 6 months, they will look even smaller. you will always wish you had gone bigger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts