Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've been lurking around the forum looking at everyone's different set-ups on their trucks and really like some of the looks I've been seeing. But, for my 2012 crewmax I think I found the set up that I want to give a try. I'm thinking about going with the zone 5" lift kit with the bds preload shim and coachbuilders 3 inch shackles for the back. Will all of these work together?

Now my next question is tires and wheels. The zone kit says I can't use my factory wheels...what's the reason for this? Could I use spacers or something to allow me to use my factory wheels? Now the part where I'm 100 percent lost...tires! I want all terrains but don't know where to find some 35's online that'll allow me to use factory wheels. Any help will be appreciated! :cool:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Zone + Shims and shackles? Works great. That's what I have.

Wheel spacers instead of wheels- sure. The reason for aftermarket wheels is to push them out further to clear new suspension components. Off the top of my head I'm going to guess you'll need a 1 1/2" spacer. Might want to make sure on that though.

For an all terrain- Nitto Terra Grappler, Goodyear Duratrac, Cooper ST. I'm pretty sure all of them come in a 35x12.50 or the equivalent (about a 325/65r18).

Once you start looking at wheel spacers its just a little more to buy wheels. If you figure selling your stock ones you can probably break even on buying new wheels- unless you're just attached to your stock wheels.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
And make sure your wheel spacers are hub/wheel centric

Reactions: Dshaw
1 - 4 of 4 Posts