Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, new here and new to tundras. If y'all don't mind answering a few questions for me, I'd really appreciate it. I'm a 19 year old pipe welder and stay in a camper, sometime in the future I will have to pull this 27ft. 7000 dry weight camper to the next job. I believe my tundra has a leveling kit already but am wanting to upsise my lift to run 35's. I have always loved the look of the 6" lift. So I guess my questions are,will I take a significant power loss, and will my truck still be able to pull my camper
Thanks in advance,
Caleb Richardson

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey and welcome to the Forums. There's no cut and dry answer to this question. How far and how often are you moving your camper? Breaking down the question;

- You don't need 6" to run 35" tires. 4" and proper offset is plenty. Remember 3" tires = 1.5" additional lift
- It will have enough power, but you'll notice the power loss going up 3" in tire size. Mostly you'll notice off-the-line.
- I would NOT recommend towing 7k with a 6" lift. I'd hesitate anything more than a 3/2 kit if you still want to travel at highway speeds. Obviously you'll need the proper towing setup to safely move that big a trailer. I do see contractors doing it a lot around here but they're pulling much smaller covered trailers. I'd not like to think what a sudden brake situation would do. You'd need to be VERY sure your trailer brakes are properly adjusted.

I had a stock height 4Runner flat towing a 3" lifted on 35" 4Runner using an A bar. Empty that lifted 4R weighed 3450lbs. I tried to stop in the rain for a yellow light. Jack-knifed my truck. Stock height, good tires. 3k pushed me. 7k pushing 6" lower than it should could lift the ass end of the truck up in a stop if the brakes aren't adjusted right. I should have invested in some sort of brake activator.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.