Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that some people who lift their truck may lift it more in the front than in the back... is that just for looks or for a purpose?? Im looking at a 6 inch pro comp lift kit myself but i didnt know if there is a reason to not have it completely level.

FYI im not extremely auto smart. Sorry :(

·
Registered
423 Posts
Back is already like 2 inches higher than the front stock. Lifting front more does make it level. If you like the rake look then you can add more to the back to be higher and keep the stock look

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Do you mean the front ends up higher than the back?? That's called the Cali lean, lol, some people dig that look but most of us prefer the truck to be level or have just a slight rake higher in the back. Factory rake though is too much and looks funny, but that is common to most all stock trucks regardless of make.

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Most kits, to include 6inch normally come with a 6 inches up front whether it's a coilover or spacer on top of the factory shock, with shocks and an add a leaf or block in the rear. This normally never constitutes more than 3-4 inches in the rear- So yes, your front will look higher and the back will look lower. But you can level out your rear with Coachbuilder shackles, a taller block, or different leafs. Thus the lower back does appeal to the California look or "Cali" lean so they call it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts