Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I've looked thru a lot of threads and can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. I have an 08 CM 2wd that is at stock height, I'd like to lower the rear a little to make the truck level, however I also have a travel trailer. So I'd still want to raise the truck back to tow my trailer. I already have a LDH, which rides level when the trailer is attached. I figured air bags would be my best option, any suggestions on what I should get or do?

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
It sounds like you are already there..But then you wanna go backwards...Maybe I'm missing something.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
I would think you would want to lift the front maybe 2.5"-3" (OME 612 kit) and then maybe go with some CB +2 or +3 shackles and airbags in the rear to pump it up when pulling the trailer instead of lowering the back. But I'm somewhat new to this stuff.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
I want my truck to be level when my trailer isn't attached, my problem isn't when I'm pulling the trailer, does that help clear it up?
Ok I understand now. I do not know anything about lowering the rear end. Most people put a 2-3 inch spacer up front to level out there truck. Then put airbags in the back for towing. When you are not towing, simply let all the air out of the rear bags and then you be level...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I understand now. I do not know anything about lowering the rear end. Most people put a 2-3 inch spacer up front to level out there truck. Then put airbags in the back for towing. When you are not towing, simply let all the air out of the rear bags and then you be level...
Thats what I have done in the past but I don't want to jack up the front because its 2wd and I'm not going to get bigger tires.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I don't know if they have much to just lower the rear only. Most of what I've seen is like the above, it's lowering the whole truck. Also, you are spending quite a bit of money. Even though your truck is 2wd, I would go with some Bilsteins on the front on the lowest setting (raises it about an inch) or a 2" spacer. The spacer will be cheaper, but will lift it a little higher.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts