Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I just purchased a 2017 Crewmax 4x4 TRD a couple of days ago. Still has less than 500 miles! Today I took it into a shop and had a leveling kit installed. The shop I used seemed pretty knowledgeable. He told me he even ordered the one with the axel extenders so it didn't make them sent at a angle (maybe its not axels, I'm not sure, control rods maybe?)

Anyways The front in looks good but it does look a bit high. As in the front looks higher than the rear now and not really level. They guy told me it will settle down a little bit after about 150 miles of driving and that I would need to come back in and get the re-alignment accomplished once it finished settling.

Has anyone else done a leveling kit and the front end look to high compared to the back? Has it settled?

Attached is a before and after picture. Keep in mind, the picture that I took with the leveling kit installed is with the truck sitting on a incline.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
What kit was installed?

Was it a spacer, a 3" front, 2.5" front, etc... Also should park on level ground and take measurements from wheel well lips to ground at center point of the wheel.

I went with what ended up being 2.5", and the rear is maybe 1/8-1/4" higher than the front. If you went with a 3", it will be higher in the front. Hence why most people go with a 3/1", lifting the rear an inch to maintain some rake.

Reactions: Kenbob22

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest, I am not sure what size was installed in the front. I do know that nothing was added to the back.

Two questions.

Will the front settle down like they say?

If it doesn't. Is it easy to add a 1" block to the back without re-doing the whole kit?

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
To be honest, I am not sure what size was installed in the front. I do know that nothing was added to the back.

Two questions.

Will the front settle down like they say?

If it doesn't. Is it easy to add a 1" block to the back without re-doing the whole kit?
The front will settle some, but not enough to make it level by my guess.

You should look at the paperwork or take a pic inside the front wheel well and we might have a better clue as to what was installed.

Fairly easy to add a rear 1".

·
Registered
79 Posts
Power is right. I measured my CM and it's 3" higher in the back with zero weight in it. 2.5" will sit level. 3/1 will also look good. Get yourself a 1" block and you'll be happy now and in the future, even if the front does come down a bit.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
If they used a spacer in the front it is not going to settle. If they used anything that reuses your old springs it is not going to settle. If they used a completely new coil over it MAY settle but not so much that it is going to affect anything and realistically a drive around the block should be all that it takes to accomplish that if everything was done correctly.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Shop doesn't sound too knowledgeable imo if they told you it'll settle with a spacer kit. If you're going to lift the back a little then buy Bilstein 5100 and a set of shackles from either toytec or coachbuilder. The former is adjustable and provides more room to fit larger tires under the bed and the latter is also well made and beefy.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hello Everyone!

I just purchased a 2017 Crewmax 4x4 TRD a couple of days ago. Still has less than 500 miles! Today I took it into a shop and had a leveling kit installed. The shop I used seemed pretty knowledgeable. He told me he even ordered the one with the axel extenders so it didn't make them sent at a angle (maybe its not axels, I'm not sure, control rods maybe?)

Anyways The front in looks good but it does look a bit high. As in the front looks higher than the rear now and not really level. They guy told me it will settle down a little bit after about 150 miles of driving and that I would need to come back in and get the re-alignment accomplished once it finished settling.

Has anyone else done a leveling kit and the front end look to high compared to the back? Has it settled?

Attached is a before and after picture. Keep in mind, the picture that I took with the leveling kit installed is with the truck sitting on a incline.
Dude! Me thinks that's way too high! What's the measurements to the fender front and rear? Your going to need to go with a bigger block in the back.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hello Everyone!

Do yourself a favor and invest in some extended shackles for the rear. As far as strut spacers settling? Maybe just a little bit not enough to bring it down level. The good thing is shackles are pretty easy to install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.