Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title pretty much says it all. I have no interest in lifting my truck because I like to park in my garage in the wet months. I would, however like to level it for aesthetic purposes. When the stock tires wear out, I'll probably get a set of wheels and tires, but not any significantly larger than the stock. Possibly slight wider, but nothing crazy. Looking for things to consider when leveling. Truck is a 2018 SR5 Double Cab 4x4. I do not tow anything.

1. What height leveling kit to get it as level, or just slightly raked.
2. Anything I should be concerned about changing the geometry?
3. Tire size suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Standard leveling kits for a slight nose down rake are 2 inches in the front, no modification to the rear. Also common is 3 inches in the front and 1 inch in the rear. Coachbuilder is a great suggestion. He knows your truck like the back of his hand.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Either 2/0" or 3/1" have to agree with prior posts. Check out Coachbuilder. Id go with a 275 70 18 tire and you'll have no issues with rubbing. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Among the cited benefits of leveling are ensuring sleep comfort, increasing the energy efficiency of refrigerators, making sure doors are not flying and other safety and cost-saving attributes. You can refer some information about leveling. I read it and saw that it really useful.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Tundras are already not great with mpg so keep this in mind. For every inch you go up, you get ~1 mpg less. If that's not a concern, have fun. I'll never lift or level a truck again.

The difference front to back isn't really that great or noticeable and the trend I see of front ends being higher than the back is just ridiculous looking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts