Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the leveling kit on my truck. Rough Country's kit with the rear blocks. Also put new Bilstein Struts, new rear shocks, And GoodYear Duratracs 275/70/18 tires. Still gotta put the final touches on (trim the skid plate) then I am ready to rock.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looks great! You'll have to let us know how the ride is both off and on road.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My wheels are painted. And I cant wait to get some miles on everything and see how it rides, handles, and does off the beaten path

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kid tested... Driver Approved

Had a chance to go down to a farm that I help out on today and check to make sure I didnt need to do any more trimming or anything like that... I am good to go.

I can already tell I am going to love this set up... I put it in 4x4 and actually started at about a 45 degree angle going up (had the clearance to go head on but needed to check a few thing ;) Climbed right on up. I could have gone to the top easily but I would not have been able to get out to take the pic... I know how the saying goes :nopics:

As for the ride of the truck... I sit higher, little bit stiffer ride, but that is from the tire not the lift...

Attachments

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Looks great.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scotchbrite pad to the stock steels, clean them up, I ended up using Brakecleen to degrease and clean, then hit it with black Rustolium high heat paint as a primer pretty much, let it dry, then hit it with the Rustolium Gray/silver/gunmetal whichever color you want to consider it.

Once I have some time I am going to go back and sand the wheels down a little and touch them up and do a little better job than rushing the first go round (was starting to cloud up and was going to rain)

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Looks good

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks Good!

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Looks real good. You should consider some wheel spacers to make it look wider since you raised it. When I raised mine I felt it made it look narrow. This pic is after 1" spacer install. Tires now stick out about 3/4"
http://http://imageshack.us/a/img199/6783/imageybl.jpg

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks real good. You should consider some wheel spacers to make it look wider since you raised it. When I raised mine I felt it made it look narrow. This pic is after 1" spacer install. Tires now stick out about 3/4"
http://http://imageshack.us/a/img199/6783/imageybl.jpg
Its been a consideration, but gotta recoop some of the green stuff first. Single father, own a house, truck, and all that good stuff... unfortunately bills come before toys... I wish PowerWheels made a Tundra so I could get my son one too...

But I am considering the wheel spacers or new wheels and getting ones with a offset to push the tires out a bit. Issue is if I go out past the wheel wells its illegal in PA (if you get caught). So if I widen the stance I would be looking at getting some flares too.. so it starts to add up...

Being an addict sucks... especially when you are and have to be rational with things...

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Yeah I hear you, I'm a new father and I am in the middle of a kitchen remodel with the wife scrutinizing any purchase that doesn't go by undetected! And family SHOULD come first. I didn't know that was a law in PA. I'm LEO in NY and here(as far as I know) we don't have a similar law...but I CERTAINLY don't claim to know every law on the books! Anyway, truck looks great and good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
http://

Not sure if that last link worked. This is a pick of the OEM 18" wheels with the 1" spacer on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, in PA pretty much the law is if you drop a coin from the outter edge of your fender and it hits tire tread... they are illegal.

Your truck looks good! Probably once I get some money saved up I am gonna get wheels and what not, give a better stance and all. Plus I wanna get some lighter wheels to offset the added weight of the tires...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey TundraTim, haven't seen you around... From Lancaster as well.

I have a 12 Silver DC that will be soon lifted with Methods and ATs... have to keep an eye out for each other!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey TundraTim, haven't seen you around... From Lancaster as well.

I have a 12 Silver DC that will be soon lifted with Methods and ATs... have to keep an eye out for each other!
I live over in Lancaster Twp. But really end up all over the county in my travels. Where about are you at? Only areas I don't get much in my truck are in the northern end of the county.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
113 Posts
I live in Manor Twp... but I'm all over as well. Currently my truck only has the ATs and tint... and a GP AutoSpa (my detailing company) sticker on the back window. The wheels and lift should be here in the next 2 weeks! Booya!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts