Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

· Premium Member
40,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyday somebody asks "how can I run 35's" ... hopefully this thread will answer all their questions!

Please post:

Level kit (height, brand)

Tire size and brand

Wheel specs (offset and width too)

Mods to truck to alleviate any rubbing

Post pics from as many angles as possible!

Free free to post your thoughts on your particular setup. Is it perfect? Would you do it again? What would you change?

* the other thread is a mess so please keep the off topic comments and questions to a minimum.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· "A Man Needs A Maid"
1,276 Posts
Ready Lift 3/1
Rock Warrior wheels
Cooper AT3 315/70/17
1.5 inch wheel & hub centric wheel spacers
No rubbing with front mud guard zip tie mod.

Love it, might go higher. Anything less than 35 inch tires look small. Had to re torque ubolts for rear spacer after a few hundred miles. Killed MPG...

· "A Man Needs A Maid"
1,276 Posts
Wheel Offset Calculator is complicated for my brain. 50 mm positive offset (RW wheels) with 1.5 inch (38.1 mm) added with the spacers does take me to +12 total offset. Perfect for Bushwacker fender flares...

Reactions: DrBFG and Ogtoyfan

· Registered
8,147 Posts
That looks great, Bonose. But with 8 inch width, it would be tucked in 1/2 inch more than 9 inch wheel, right? Then the outside edge should be about the same as 25 mm offset wheel that's 9 inch wide.

· Registered
112 Posts
That looks great, Bonose. But with 8 inch width, it would be tucked in 1/2 inch more than 9 inch wheel, right? Then the outside edge should be about the same as 25 mm offset wheel that's 9 inch wide.
It might be a little more than that. I'm running 295|60r20 (34.5") with 8 1/2inch wheels (2007 Texas Edition Wheels) but it's sitting at 33".

Attachments

· Registered
8,147 Posts
It might be a little more than that. I'm running 295|60r20 (34.5") with 8 1/2inch wheels (2007 Texas Edition Wheels) but it's sitting at 33".
According to the size calculator I use, 295/60/20 should be 33.9 inches in diameter. It seems the exact size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. For instance Nitto Trail Grappler in 295/70/18 (one I am looking at) comes larger than the size given by the numbers.

So your diameter is 33 inches? That seems to be quite a bit smaller than 295/60/20 size.

Any way, the offset of a wheel indicates where the wheel sits side to side (lateral, rather than radial, if that makes any sense). 60 mm is the stock (except RW which is 50). The lower the offset, the wheel sits that much further out away from the engine.

· Registered
112 Posts
According to the size calculator I use, 295/60/20 should be 33.9 inches in diameter. It seems the exact size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. For instance Nitto Trail Grappler in 295/70/18 (one I am looking at) comes larger than the size given by the numbers.

So your diameter is 33 inches? That seems to be quite a bit smaller than 295/60/20 size.
Yeah, I have the Nitto Terras. I hear at most people getting short of half an inch, but 1 and half inch is pissing me off...

· Registered
444 Posts
sub'd

· Registered
112 Posts

· Registered
242 Posts
SPECS:

LRO 3/1
18x9 Fuel Krank, +20mm offset
295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers

MODS
Removed both sets of front mud flaps (rubbed forward and reverse any turning angle)

Trimmed front fender liner (rubbed only in reverse at full lock)

Thoughts:

I love the look and size of the Nitto Trails. Aggressive tread and a pretty big tire. Prefer the 18" wheel over 20" as I like a beefier tire over a bigger rim, 2" may not sound like much but to me the 18" wheel gives me a bit bigger sidewall.

I like the way the truck stands with the 3/1, enough lift to make me happy and not upset the spouse with not being able to climb into the truck. I would do this set up again without a doubt. The only thing I would change, and which I plan to do in the near future is run Coachbuilder shackles instead of the 1" block and add the carrier bearing drop to eliminate the driveline shudder at low speeds. Other than that, I have no complaints or issues.

· Registered
8,147 Posts
micmoren, your trucks is looking sweet.

Reactions: micmoren

· Registered
1,154 Posts
I went with Toytec coilovers set at approx. 2.75" lift and Coachbuilder1 +3" shackles.

Tires are Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ 35x12.50-r20

Wheels are Fuel Krank 20x9 with +20mm offset

Mods include removing both front mudflaps and pushing the front fender liner forward. Very minor rubbing in the front at near full lock in reverse only. I can probably heat it up with a heat gun and alleviate all rubbing. This setup puts the tires flush, or very slightly protruding past some bushwacker pocket flares.

So far I really am pleased with the whole setup. Only thing that ever crosses my mind is wondering if I should have went bigger on the lift, but for all practical purposes, the truck is perfect for how I use it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

· Registered
1,154 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: Bonose1

· Registered
179 Posts
I would like to run 35x12.5R22 Toyo M/T with my ICON Stg. 4 w/UCA & diff drop.
Could I get a front strut extension kit (2.4") from ReadyLIFT and set the ICON's to get 4-4.5" of total lift up front? I plan on upgrading to CB shackles for the rear & adding more lift if needed at the same time.

· Registered
1,427 Posts
Heres another one:
Front Bilstein 5100s @ 2.5"
Rear Bilstein 5100s + 1" rear block from LRO
Removed front mudflaps, pushed fender liner forward (no rub)
20x9 +30 Ultra Mavericks
35x12.50x20 Toyo Open Country ATII

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.