Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to swap out the OEM 1794 Chromed out grilles for this (see attached pic)

What grilles are you guys wearing? As much as I love the TRD pro ones, everyone has it now...So trying to be different!

Post your grilles please!

CI

Attachments

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
My 2012 back in 2015 and my 2015 today lol
DAAAAAM

Was the "TOYOTA" custom 3d printed or something? Love it man!
You can buy TOYOTA or TUNDRA laser cut letters from bay area metal fab. I bought the mesh grille, measured out the area I wanted the letters, and set to gorilla using them into place. I have this one sitting in the garage that I built for fun if anyone’s looking for one...

The letters are bare so you have the option to coat the entire grille as you desire.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
No offense - but every DIY grill for the tundra looks DIY. There is something about OEM+ that speaks to me for whatever reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
No offense - but every DIY grill for the tundra looks DIY. There is something about OEM+ that speaks to me for whatever reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I actually didn’t mind my OEM, but it took a large rock from a sand hauler and wasn’t looking too good. The mesh served a good purpose and the letters were something I always thought were neat being that BAMF sold them precut and coated.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Where’s the sensor located? You retain the factory shell with the mesh I used. You can buy TUNDRA letters from Bay Area metal fab.
Ahh, The sensor is in the Toyota emblem now. I's a '19 so I figure the grill guys will come up with something that will work with it eventually.... maybe?

·
Registered
19 Posts
To the OP here you go. I have the grille you are going to install. It looks great on the Tundra. The lights match the DRL perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To the OP here you go. I have the grille you are going to install. It looks great on the Tundra. The lights match the DRL perfectly.
Awe dude that looks sick! I love it! I might keep it black as well and black out the hood bulge to match.

Thanks for sharing that. I actually got an original Heritage Toyota emblem I'm planning on mounting to the center of the grille as well, kinda like making a hybrid TRDpro grill/aftermarket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts