Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well added a few more LED goodies this weekend. The LED strips have been laying around for almost a year. :D

Here some pics for now, I'll try to get some more soon.

I went ahead and ordered 3 switches to fill all three spots, so it would look the same for now. So only only ones being used till I wire the other up for other items.

Wired up a strip of LED's under the truck to come on and off with the puddle lamps.

Just an idea as to how much light comes off the new light bar...
Nothing on..

Headlights only..

Light bar only..

LED's in the cargo area..

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy crap that light bar is bright! Nice work.
wow.. that light bar is bright! Nice!!
Thanks guys this was just one of the cheaper ones that can be found online, I can't see spending 1000.00 on something that does not get used that often but it does seem to work great so far. I have to test things out more soon and I got to say wow the headlights look brownish compared to the whiter LED bars output. :D
The 32" bar fit nicely on the new winch bull bar for sure.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where did you get those switches from?
I got mine from Amazon but there are many places you can probably find them at. I think it was around 11.00 dollars for each switch. Just search for "Daystar Switch" and if you want the model number its in the first photo. ;) they do come in different colors also.
Any other questions just ask.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I'm wiring some LED's in my bed soon here. Already done with all the soldering just have to run the wires :)

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got mine from Amazon but there are many places you can probably find them at. I think it was around 11.00 dollars for each switch. Just search for "Daystar Switch" and if you want the model number its in the first photo. ;) they do come in different colors also.
Any other questions just ask.
Thanks. How difficult are they to wire up?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks. How difficult are they to wire up?
Not to bad since these can handle the 20amps I just ran a wire from the (+)12V terminal from the battery to the switch (input terminal) and other side of the switch to the lights (output terminal). Grounded other side of switch for the power to allow for the light on it to light when you switch it on. Oh I also put a inline fuse (15amp) at the battery too (safety first).
Tip:
To save yourself work just daisy chain the input +12v to all three switches and did the same for the ground wire. The output goes to what ever your trying to send 12V too, in my case the light bar. Depending on what you plan to run off the switches you may have to up the fuse.

WTVa, where did you find that dash wrap? Can you shoot me the info. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
For the work on the carbon fiber wrap project here a link to that DIY I did over on the other forum several years ago, it should answer your questions. If not let me know.

DIY New Project, What you think ?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I recently added LED strips on the underside. I ran mine on the running boards though. I also have them wired to the puddle lamps. I'm not overly happy with mine though, I went too bright on them. They are a little too bright for my taste. I ended up adding a switch so I can turn them off, or have them on when I open the door.
Maybe I'm just an old curmudgeon, but I thought they looked a lot like the old school neons you see on boy racer cars. I wish I could tone them down a bit. I figured they would come in handy for changing flats at night so I left them installed.
I am worried the local Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base will mistake my driveway for a runway if I open the door, so the switch is usually in the off position.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I recently added LED strips on the underside. I ran mine on the running boards though. I also have them wired to the puddle lamps. I'm not overly happy with mine though, I went too bright on them. They are a little too bright for my taste. I ended up adding a switch so I can turn them off, or have them on when I open the door.
Maybe I'm just an old curmudgeon, but I thought they looked a lot like the old school neons you see on boy racer cars. I wish I could tone them down a bit. I figured they would come in handy for changing flats at night so I left them installed.
I am worried the local Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base will mistake my driveway for a runway if I open the door, so the switch is usually in the off position.
Mines not bad, I pointed my downward maybe that helped some but if you want to tone them down some you could always add a resistor in line to see if it help tone them down some.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Mines not bad, I pointed my downward maybe that helped some but if you want to tone them down some you could always add a resistor in line to see if it help tone them down some.
Mine are pointing down. You can't see the LEDs themselves, just the light they emit on the floor. I didn't think about adding a resistor. Maybe thats the solution. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts