Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced all bulbs in my 2020 Tundra with Sylvania bulbs from Auto Zone. Depending on which way I put the bulb in either the tail lights work or the break lights but not both.
Does anyone know what is causing this and how to resolve it

· Registered
14,312 Posts
Sylvania leds? Never seen them, most sylvanias are incandescent bulbs.
Sounds like a bad bulb.

· Registered
5 Posts
I replaced all bulbs in my 2020 Tundra with Sylvania bulbs from Auto Zone. Depending on which way I put the bulb in either the tail lights work or the break lights but not both.
Does anyone know what is causing this and how to resolve it
Incandescent or LED? I have the Sylvania Super Bright LEDs in my '03 Tundra rear turn signals (3156) and back up lights (921). In a few weeks I'll upgrade the stop/tail bulbs with dual-element 3157 LEDs. The "Super Bright" line is what the name implies, and probably all I'll use from now on. Before the Super brights, I used the Sylvania LEDs with the type that has smaller LEDs all around for my turn signals. I had to place jumpers on the bulb contacts to get them all to work.

All of the wedge-base type of dual filament bulbs (31xx) have two contact wires on each side of the wedge. The bulb should go in either way to make both the stop and tail work properly. Did you try an incandescent bulb to see if it works correctly?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts