1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
221 Posts
Take some before and after pics, interested.

2014 Limited
20x9 Fuel Krank wheels
33 x 12.5 Toyo Open Country RT
Warn Super Bolt Flares
ToyTec/Eibach 3" Lift
Total Chaos Fabrication upper control arms
JBL Entune with Maestro DSR1 Amp replacement module
4x100w Pioneer amp pushing El cheapo Renegade RX6.2c components
Hifonics 1000w amp pushing a Kicker 1000W 12" 2-Ohm Slim Shallow Subwoofer with Passive radiator

Sent from my S10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Unionthug

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I didn't get pictures. The lights are definitely an improvement over stock (which were the original bulbs, btw). These didn't cost much more that the crystal vision regular bulbs I was going to put in. Guessing they will last longer too. I haven't gotten flashed by other drivers yet, so the aim of the headlights must be ok. I'm pretty sure I'm at the limit of getting flashed though. They are white and bright. Did piss off a guy in front of me at a stop light though. I'm sure it was the 6" lift at fault.

·
Registered
12 Posts
so how are you liking them?
I have a 2018 with the OEM LEDs and they are not great on Low Beam. West Coast, dark rainy nights, oncoming traffic...... can't see a thing....
I'm looking to improve my Low Beam vision...... anyone got any suggestions?
The high beams are awesome, and light up the planet, but can't use them with oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
I have a 2018 with the OEM LEDs and they are not great on Low Beam. West Coast, dark rainy nights, oncoming traffic...... can't see a thing....
The high beams are awesome, and light up the planet, but can't use them with oncoming traffic.

If you have the oem led headlights, there isn't much you can do, you can't just swap a bulb. I would suggest to check the dial for the headlight adjustment in-cab, as I have oem style led headlights, and they are great for low beam, and high beam.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ha.....thanks powertechn2 didn't know they were adjustable. I'll try them out.... they were on the low end of adjustment so should help. No wonder I had trouble seeing the road on Low beam.

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
The knob 0 is stock height, the higher it makes them go lower, just fyi.

If you bought the truck used, there is a possibility it had been leveled before, and adjusted them down manually, as there is also a manual adjustment.

I run at 2-2.5 normally, I am leveled. With the new LED light assemblies I swapped to, I run at two, with great light output. Wayyy better than when I swapped leds in my stock halogen housings.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Way better than the stock halogens. But they won't be as good as your OEM LED. Your light housing assembly is designed specifically for LED. My stock housings are not, so I get a lot of scatter. But still way better than stock halogens. Like the other poster said. Adjust them higher until you start getting flashed. Then lower them until you only get flashed once in awhile. It's easy for you to do with having the adjustment in your cab. I have to do mine manually. BTW, I'm in Oregon. I know about dark, rainy, foggy nights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts