Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had four 9 inch LED light bars mounted to my roof rack, decided to sell the rack and add the lights to the front of my truck. I was thinking of fabricating my own light bar rack for the front bumper but Vegas is full of meth heads that will take your valuables in a heart beat. I needed something else.

Decided to mount them behind the grille. Relocated both horn assemblies and used those mount locations for the top two lights. Removed the two end bolts holding the top bumper trim and used those for the lower two lights.

The top two lights aligned perfectly with the stock mesh part of the grille. The bottom two may have a tad bit light cut off from the divider but it still puts out alot of light. Wired everything nice and secure, aligned each light so I can use the most light with a wide pattern and that was it. No drilling, cutting or fabricating anything. Think I got lucky with this one. Anyways here's some pics, let me know what you think. Will get some night shots tonight. Thanks....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is awesome. Exactly what am planning on for my truck. By the way what type of lights are those (beam patern)
They are flood and spot combos. Got them off Amazon, way inside my budget and are bright as heck. Well worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's some night shots. We don't have many dark roads where I live at so this is what I could shoot at the moment for any one that's interested. These things are bright even thru the grill. Im a happy camper..

This shot is LED lights only.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looks fresh buddy. I like it

QUOTE=Sin Diesel;7947802]So I had four 9 inch LED light bars mounted to my roof rack, decided to sell the rack and add the lights to the front of my truck. I was thinking of fabricating my own light bar rack for the front bumper but Vegas is full of meth heads that will take your valuables in a heart beat. I needed something else.

Decided to mount them behind the grille. Relocated both horn assemblies and used those mount locations for the top two lights. Removed the two end bolts holding the top bumper trim and used those for the lower two lights.

The top two lights aligned perfectly with the stock mesh part of the grille. The bottom two may have a tad bit light cut off from the divider but it still puts out alot of light. Wired everything nice and secure, aligned each light so I can use the most light with a wide pattern and that was it. No drilling, cutting or fabricating anything. Think I got lucky with this one. Anyways here's some pics, let me know what you think. Will get some night shots tonight. Thanks....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yitamotor lol, had 4.75 stars with good reviews. For 65.00 shipped for 4 I was willing to risk it. They were on my roof rack for over 6 months thru the Vegas heat and monsoon storms. They never leaked and are still going strong. Best investment I've made so far. I recommend them to people with tight budgets.

Reactions: 11Crewmax

·
Banned
22 Posts
Yitamotor lol, had 4.75 stars with good reviews. For 65.00 shipped for 4 I was willing to risk it. They were on my roof rack for over 6 months thru the Vegas heat and monsoon storms. They never leaked and are still going strong. Best investment I've made so far. I recommend them to people with tight budgets.

Thanks for your kind comment about Yitamotor, to thank our old customers, we provide 12% off for all products at yitamotor.com.
12% off code: YITA12
Wish you have a nice day!

·
Banned
22 Posts

Thanks for buying YITAMOTOR auto parts,
To thank our old customers, we provide 12% off for all products at yitamotor.com.
12% off code: YITA12
Wish you have a nice day!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts