Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im seeing on Toyotas parts site that there are 2 different LED headlights listed.
One set thats TRD Pro specific and the other that just says LED.

Anyone know what or why Tundra Pros have specific LED headlights for 2018+?

Im looking to do the swap with my 2016 TRD Pro headlights and I'm seeing 3 sets to choose.
TRD Pro, Black housing, and chrome housing.

Im assuming the TRD Pro are the ones I want but they look identical to the LED lights with black housing.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
This from an @OldGuy43 post in another thread.
Maybe it will help..

FYI, there are three different versions of the 2018+ LED headlights, so be sure you understand what you're ordering. In 2018-2019, there are two identical versions of the LED headlights on higher trims, except that they come in a chrome housing and a black chrome housing. The 2018 headlight versions have bright silver/chrome lamp dividers and reflectors. For 2019, there is a third version that comes on TRD Pro, and that housing is like solid matte black with chrome reflectors only...if I understand correctly.

This the thread:

https://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-lighting-electrical/762094-recommendations-headlight-assemblies.html

I'm just guessing, I think the PRO has the blacked out crossbar over the headlight LED.

The other 2, black and chrome, have the silver bar across the headlight LED.

I would contact, and buy from, Roman @Toyataofcoolsprings to make sure.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Ya Im either going with Sparks or Cool Springs Toyota. I'll verbally ask before ordering but this seems to be the answer.
If you're not aware, Sparks was running a 5% discount on these a month ago. On $600+ purchase, that adds up to serious change. Use promocode TUNDRADUDE34.

TOCS also has 20% off shipping for forum members. Check Roman's part thread for the promocode. It goes without saying...always check the bottom line WITH shipping included. Both are great vendors with excellent service.

Finally got my 2018+ black chrome headlights installed in a long day yesterday. Also converted turn signals, stop/tail lights, and backup lights to LEDs. Now my Tundra looks like a 2019 instead of a 2014. It was a good thing I had some left over hydrocodone in the old medicine chest.

I highly recommend going with iHacker's dimming DRL harness with the new headlights. The installation and operation was/is exactly as his instructions said.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Looks great. Congrats.

I'm pretty tight with my money, and it was really hard to justify spending a total of $1200-$1300, first for the TRD color-matched grille, and then for the 2018 headlights, on a new truck. But, after seeing the transformation on other trucks, I had to do it. I need to get a new pic to undate my sig.

·
Registered
23 Posts
LEDs on the 2018 and up are pretty bright on my 2019 Tundra. Lights up the road at night and hard to go back to regular halogen light. Congrats on your conversion.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check out sparksparts.com then click on popular upgrade for Tundra. If I remember you will need wiring harness to add with those LED headlights. Post pics when ur done. PS. Discount codes avail for sparks

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
I have a 2014, do these plug and play? Thanks for any info!
Kinda plug and play but you need to buy an adapter harness.
Look at post #4 from @OldGuy43, he bought an iHacker's dimming DRL harness.
You might shoot him a PM for more info.

I keep thinking about doing this, but I kinda like my amber DRLs on my blacked 2015 TRD Pro headlights..
With Silverstar bulbs, I really don't feel like I'm missing anything.
Not the biggest fan of the LED surround.

But my truck is paid for in 4 months, I might have to go the OEM LED headlights.
They do look cool, even when they are off...;)

Edit: iHacker adapter info....

https://www.tundras.com/threads/2018-led-headlights-plug-n-play-harness-for-2014-2017-models-v-2-0.24416/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts