Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 V8 DC. I replaced the OEM headlight bulbs with LEDs. Since then I've noticed a low flickering from the driver side bulb when everything is off. The old bulb didn't do this that I'd ever noticed.

As nothing else has changed I concluded there must be a low current leak that is causing the more sensitive LED to flicker intermittently. This is happening even with the headlight switch off, and keys out of the ignition.

Any ideas or similar experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,871 Posts
no thats just weird in a 12v system. My LEDs in my home on dimmers do this sometimes. Its spuratic though. When the dimmer is Off all the way 1 our of the 3 bulbs will glow just so slightley

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
And on top of that, I forget what year tundra's were positive grounding... That might cause some issues as well.

I think all years of the first gens were.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2006 V8 DC. I replaced the OEM headlight bulbs with LEDs. Since then I've noticed a low flickering from the driver side bulb when everything is off. The old bulb didn't do this that I'd ever noticed.

As nothing else has changed I concluded there must be a low current leak that is causing the more sensitive LED to flicker intermittently. This is happening even with the headlight switch off, and keys out of the ignition.

Any ideas or similar experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Help!!! I’m having the same issue is it anything to worry about??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts