Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled my truck out of my parking space and notices a wet spot on the concrete. Upon inspection, it wasn't oil or other similar fluid...it was thick grease. It looked just like the grease you would use on construction equipment. I looked under the truck, felt around, couldn't fid where it came from. Any help?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Are you sure it wasn't there before you parked there and if not the only thing I can think is if it was in the front near your front tires would be grease that could have come from a torn cv axle boot. That is the only kind of thick grease there would be on the truck n

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was in the front, I'm sure it wasn't there before. Anything else it might be?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I would say its got to be a leaking cv axle boot. That is the only part that would hold that thick grease. Get under and check all four boots for a tear. If you has a torn boot or a clamp came off you will know it as soon and you see it. If it just happen and you have been driving there will more than likely be grease flung all over under your truck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I will check it out. Cost to fix?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I didn't get what year your truck is. A job like that the best and easiest thing to do is replace the entire axle. Probably depending on where you get the axle from between $250 to possibly $400.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts