Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

What do you think about the LazerLite and LT SportCover?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our company recently acquired LazerLite Covers and LT SportCovers, a company best known for their line of high quality painted aluminum Tonneau Covers. We want to hear what you have to say about this product! If you have a moment, please take a look at the current websites(which we will be re-designing) and come back to let us know what you think of the product!

A few key topics we would like to hear about:
Have you or do you currently own one of these covers? If so, what is your experience?
Does the style of this cover appeal to you?
What do you think about this cover compared to other covers?(IE. Ranch, ARE, Gaylord, etc.)
Do you prefer the painted or black finish?
Most importantly, when this cover becomes available again, would you put one on your truck?

Images of LazerLite Cover on A Toyota Tundra:

Images of LT Sport Tonneau on Toyota Tundra:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are getting close to our next run of production, thanks for posting! We are excited to bring this cover back to the market!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I like the low profile design. Price will make the decision a little easier.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the low profile design. Price will make the decision a little easier.
I will post any updates right here in this forum once they become available. We are working on some of the finer details of the cover currently to make sure we are offering a top quality cover. We dont want to skimp on anything.

·
Registered
812 Posts
definitely looks really nice

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks! we should be finishing our first batch soon! I believe we are making roughly 100 covers in the first run.

·
Registered
57 Posts
^^Expensive compared too???
Anyone else.....

I understand the features. I understand that in some cases it is apples to oranges.. but, at the end of the day it's CASH spent.

My ARE LSII was $899.

prior to that, my PE Jackrabbit was about 1k (on an F150, though)

I've heard the Lazerlites are upwards of 1.2k.. I know one member paid nearly 1.5k for his..

·
Registered
206 Posts
Id love to buy one, but not for 1000!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yea I know. Not gonna pay for one of them either.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Yea I know. Not gonna pay for one of them either.
Did you have the Gaylord Speedstur on your X? I couldn't remember. That is an expensive cover.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pricing will be different than it used to be, however I do not have a definite number at the moment. All information will be posted here AS SOON as we have it all finalized. Thanks for looking guys! We are excited to launch this product again!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hate to be a pest, but do you have any idea when these might be available again? I need a tonneau cover before Thanksgiving.
We will be manufacturing 100 covers in our first run, I will try to find out today if we have an ETA on when these covers will be built. If you would like to be set up on an official waiting list, shoot me a PM with your details. Thanks for being so patient!

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
I finally got my Lazerlite/LT Sport Cover painted and installed. I REALLY like it! I'm now looking for an electric actuator for it.

I have not installed the rubber gasket yet. I need someone to help me take it off the truck to install it. I also need to mount the brackets on the wall so I have somewhere to hang it when I take it off the truck.

I don't particularly like the black trim. I'm thinking about replacing it with color matched door edging. Precision Trim Silver Car Door Guards "U" Style Edge Molding Silver Door Edge Trim

Thank you to Jeff and Dean at TruckXL for your help with my order.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts