Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, it's been a long haul but I'm writing out my final payment and just so happy had to share! Lol. It's been a blessing to not have any hiccups in my payments even during the recession. Can't believe I signed up for ~$600 per month for 5 years (at 0% of course).

Looking back I wouldn't change a thing. Tundra has been solid and incredible after the SC install. Only had the battery fail a couple of months ago. Still get giddy driving it after 5 yrs. Planning to keep big red for good. Now I can take that cash and get the kids into some music lessons or develop some other talent...

Anyone close to the last one...?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Pretty great feeling isn't it? I'm at the age I already did the payment thing on previous rigs. Tundra was all mine from the git go.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
10 payments to go. I went 2.5 years with no payment after my last truck. Paid a 60 month loan off in 30. But I was single and renting so I could double or tripple up without a problem. Now I am married and will probably go the full term or close to it. I plan to go much longer without a payment this time. That money is going to start going into my taxable mutual fund and my retirement accounts. I could already pay cash for the next one if I wanted to. I now want to get to a point where I can do so COMFORTABLY.

I probably still won't have 50 thousand miles when it is paid for and the maintenance has been textbook so I am hoping to contribute that money to my net worth for at least 4 or 5 more years.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sold my paid off 2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD at auction for $33,300, bought my 12 Tundra DC XSP-X for $33,400 at auction. $3700 in tax,tag, title, and auction fees and done.

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Hey all, it's been a long haul but I'm writing out my final payment and just so happy had to share! Lol. It's been a blessing to not have any hiccups in my payments even during the recession. Can't believe I signed up for ~$600 per month for 5 years (at 0% of course).

Looking back I wouldn't change a thing. Tundra has been solid and incredible after the SC install. Only had the battery fail a couple of months ago. Still get giddy driving it after 5 yrs. Planning to keep big red for good. Now I can take that cash and get the kids into some music lessons or develop some other talent...

Anyone close to the last one...?

Congrats. The wife is close to being paid off. I think in 2 months. or 2 payments. Same for me on her Prius. Just 2 months and collectively we will have another $1,100 to spin on the solar stuff. Problem debating on whether I want a new Tundra or may I say an Avalanche.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just started a 72 month term. I get $600 a month for a car allowance though so technically someone else is paying for it. Still a tough pill to swallow but I needed a nice reliable truck.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
I just started a 72 month term. I get $600 a month for a car allowance though so technically someone else is paying for it. Still a tough pill to swallow but I needed a nice reliable truck.
Must be nice

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've always wished I had the patience to save and pay cash for a vehicle. But my impulse always takes over.Always been a fan and owner of Toyota trucks since 93'. The first gen tundra never really appealed to me. When second gen came out I held my impulse back a full year before giving up and buying in 2008. C'mon... A 5.7 liter Toyota that I can boost, have a big arse cabin, 4x4 and the rear window that rolls down all the way.... all warrantied. Bought one with only 3k down lol.

I actually told my wife I was just going to get a simple used 4x2 taco to carry my dual sport moto. Came home with a new 08 Tundra....oops sorry :p

·
Banned
3,314 Posts
I've got $22k to go on mine! Haven't had it a year yet.

I did have a 2003 Toyota sienna that we bought in 04 with 12k on he clock and the water pump (or head gasket) went tits up 9 months ago with 195k on the clock. Damn, I wanted to get to 200k, but didnt want to dump $2k into it. Still had original exhaust, shocks, steering, etc. only non maintenance thin I replaced was he alternator. At a Kia dealership no less!!! I had 4.5 years with no payment, think I'd save some of that money to put down for a new vehicle sometime? Hell no! Reroofed my house, new deck on the front, and kid expenses. Ah well, still sold the van for $2k on CL, enough for a downer on this used 2011 DC. Love every minute of it.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Congrats. The wife is close to being paid off. I think in 2 months. or 2 payments. Same for me on her Prius. Just 2 months and collectively we will have another $1,100 to spin on the solar stuff. Problem debating on whether I want a new Tundra or may I say an Avalanche.
The newer Avalanches are pretty cool. Better than when they first came out with them.
You can also get an Avalanche with the 6.2 motor if you want the bigger motor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts