Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 253 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok... here we go. got my career started may 2011. once i got cemented in my career, i did what every young man does.... buys a new vehicle!

here was the ad for the truck: 2011 rock warrior with 12k on it. only add-ons were that the stickers were taken off, and the previous owner had a TRD sway bar on it.

got it for 4g's less than they were asking. :D

i bought it on monday 7/9/12

by wednesday, it was tinted (5% front, 20% rears, 50% windshield) and the front toyota emblem was repainted black (the right way this time)

Thursday, added info buttons ($50 shipped ebay)

then... BHLM

also added underseat storage and husky weather beater mats (not pictured) as well as debadged it.

then, moved some buttons around in the interior:

then.. DDM 6000k HIDs in the lows/fogs:

As she sits next to my old ride (which i sold to my friend on 7/20):

Took a couple pics at work today:

I've owned the truck 18 days up to this point... and i just ordered a LRO leveling kit and tails to tint....

8/1/12 Tails came in (thanks to mikedezzy) but i forgot the spray tint at home. fml.

but since i was at the shop anyway... did the fog light mod:

8/3/12 tinted the tails:

from this:

to this:

also, this came in the mail:

8/7/12

LEDs in...

so they're my favorite mod (best bang for your buck)

8/18 Got my rings powdercoated! (Shout out to Coast2Coast Powdercoating)

8/20/12: switched my high beams for LED highbeams (thanks to Mikedezzy! for pointing me in the right direction)

new/old bulb:

and what they look like on:

8/26/12
got back from the jersey shore about an hour ago and had my new (old) RW shifter waiting for me!

before:

after:

Shout out to Cjimen31 for the hook up!

9/22/12

back from Vegas...LRO kit is in!!!!!

also installed my viper alarm/autostart. :)

installed a Stinger XT light/charging station in my center console:

New Grille:

4/24/13 it was a good day...

new badge for the grille showed up:

AND my new Powerstick exhaust with turndowns!!!

Powersticks (26"x2.5") with 3.5" dumps prior to the rear axle...

start up video:

finally got everything back from the powdercoater... N-Fab front bumper and 2 36" LED bars installed... (still hafta wire up the bars... waiting on switches)

5/23/13 switches arrived!

new bumper wired up Memorial Day Weekend:

stock headlights (with highs):

stock headlights and Flood pattern LED:

stock headlights and Spot pattern LED:

stock headlights and BOTH LEDs:

those trees are approx 150 yards away.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome

I like the monotone look.

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
Looks great man, those rings on your wheels are screaming to be finished in Plasti-Dip!

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
sweet! Should've known that already for some reason lol

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
That's the way to do it brother

·
"A Man Needs A Maid"
1,277 Posts
Looking good!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Nice truck welcome to the tundra family. After you get your level it will be time for bigger tires :) aghast yea

·
Registered
663 Posts
I like the build so far!.. Great minds think alike because I see alot of things here that I have on my To-Do list.

When you moved the buttons did you have to extend the wiring for them or was there enough slack to just move them over?

Was the BHLM a pain? Ive been thinking about paying one of the experts to do it lol.

·
Premium Member
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like the build so far!.. Great minds think alike because I see alot of things here that I have on my To-Do list.

When you moved the buttons did you have to extend the wiring for them or was there enough slack to just move them over?

Was the BHLM a pain? Ive been thinking about paying one of the experts to do it lol.
i did have to add wires. stopped by radio shack and picked up a multi pack of wires. it was very easy tho. i'm not an electrician or anything by any stretch of the mind. you just cut the wires, twist em together with your wire, shrink wrap em, and do the same on the other end.

and the BHLM scared the shit outta me too. (im 26 and this is my first real big purchase of my life) but i faced my fears and put my brand new headlights in the oven at 250 degrees for 9 minutes. i cut a piece of cardboard that fit on the rack perfectly so nothing melted, and wore oven mitts so i didnt burn my fingers when i pryed em apart.

I get alot more satisfaction telling people i did it myself. and the headlights completely transform the truck and people ask me about them all the time. :cool:

·
Registered
608 Posts
i had BigTundra (joe) do mine, he did a great job and for $ its a good deal but then i got halos and had to put the lights back in the oven. this time did it with a friend and it was very easy. just take your time read over all the DIY for tips and you can handle it, no problem

·
Premium Member
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Um, but, did you park next to a spaceship or a gravitational anomaly or something? :p

i parked next to something

blurred it out because i didn't realize it was in the background until after i uploaded the pics... good eye, detective. ;)

1 - 20 of 253 Posts