Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have wearing issues with the new BFG's? I bought a new set about a month ago and after buying them noticed quite a bit of bad reviews on tirerack I believe (can't remember which site) where guys where saying they wore them out in 20k-30k miles. Several reviews were talking about the tires being soft and not lasting like the older KO's. Anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’m in the same boat...squeezed 50k out of my KO and at 25k on my KO2. I should replace them around 35-40k vs running to 50k. They were bald.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ditto. I’ve got about 20k on mine and the tread looks great going into the snow season. I’ll easily get another 15-20k.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Just to share more info... At my service today they said I had 5/16 left on these tires and I now have 26k on them. I may get 32-33k max but I better go shopping before Winter.

While I really appreciate these tires performance in snow and rain I may have to look elsewhere do to the longevity.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So my Tundralina just turned 30 (thousand miles) this week and she needed some new shoes already. The stock Michelin AT2's were just about bare. I do drive a little rough, but not enough to plow through a set of rubbers like that. I was told at my 30k maintenance that they needed to be changed. So asked what they had in stock and it was just more trash. I decided to go with the KO2's and had them order the tires which would be installed the next day. I had asked about a mileage warranty on the Michelins and of course they told me there was nothing. I would be stuck putting out the $1200 to buy, mount, balance and align the new KO2s. So i went home and later that night decided to check the Michelin site for those AT2's. Turns out they offer a 60k mile warranty on them. After talking to Michelin for a bout 20 minutes in the chat, they said that since the tires only lasted 30k and they were covered for 60k, they would honor a warranty claim. They started the claim and I had it finished at the dealership the next day. I only had to cover 44% of the new tire cost because their pro-rated offer was good for Michelin, BFGoodrich or Uniroyal tires. Long story short, I paid $400 for new KO2's. The total was $645 out of pocket for me because I had to cover the mount, balance, and alignment myself. Well worth my time to ask the question. Just thought I would share the story and maybe help someone save some $$$ if you are in the same boat.

I have a copy of the chat with Michelin if anyone wants to see how it went down.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Also, they look great on the truck and it rides more like a truck now than like a minivan. The road noise that some have mentioned is nonexistent on mine. Some Hot Shine and wheel cleaning had it lookin sharp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.