Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first time post, long time reader of this site. I took a chance and rolled the dice on a KO DV8 Front Bumper from EBAY. Ordered on a Tuesday, received by Friday (today). KO does not include instructions with their bumpers for some reason, they say if you are somewhat mechanically inclined you should be fine. Anyway, unwrapped and attempted the install. The end result is the bumper cannot mount any higher leaving a 1.5" gap below the trim and grill all the way across. I took it apart double checked reinstalled again and maybe a 1/4" closer, but no dice. Anyone have one of these bumpers? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Left message with company. Thanks, Jeff

2007-2013 Toyota Tundra Front Bumper Steel Winch Ready KO Offroad Black Powder | eBay

·
Premium Member
15,631 Posts
Hey there, can you please head over to New Member Introductions - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum and make an introduction, otherwise your account will be locked and you cannot continue posting on this forum

as for the bumper, i am unable to see it from the link. maybe after you post an intro, you can post some pictures on here.

unfortunately, sometimes that is the risk with aftermarket parts. not all trucks or parts are made perfectly. you might have to do some fab work, such as cutting the brackets and mounting them higher or lower, or even drilling out the holes to give you more adjustment. all depends on the mounts.

post as many pics as you can, or just return it and buy one from one of our site sponsors, Vendors - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KO Offroad Bumper DV8 Oh Brother

Thanks for the heads up, I went and made an introduction. I've been emailing back and forth with DV8 about the fit issue. It appears that they have concluded do to the fact that I have a lift on my truck (1"). The lift is causing the space between the the bumper and the grill/trim. Not quite sure how that can be. Your lifting the suspension, not the fenders off the frame. Am I nuts? I lifted my previous tundra and was not left with a 1.5" space between the upper bumper and grill. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

Thanks, Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.