Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just installed my kings on my 17 CM and from the factory there was 8 threads showing from the top hub to the collar. I called king and the factory setting is .875" which came out to the 8 threads. The guy at King said it's set for a leveling stance 3/1 or 3/2 but after looking at the stance the front is still lower than the rear and I haven't even put the CB shackles on yet.

Anyone else run into this? What were factory settings that you got?

Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had 8 threads showing from the factory. My before measurements are with the factory tire size the after measurement is with 275/70-18 so 1" bigger. The end result is 8threads did not level it. It is still about 1-2 inches lower.

Here's the before measurements.

36.5 Front passenger
36.5 Front driver
39 Rear passenger
39.5 Rear driver

Here's the after Measurements

39.25 Front passenger
38.5 Front driver
40.5 Rear passenger
40 Rear driver

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was an idiot and forgot to take fender measurements before and after but this is exactly what I'm looking for thank you. I know I got some lift in the front because my antenna hits the garage door now, but I certainly don't feel like it's 3" either.

Did you end up pulling the shock and adjusting it further?

I had 8 threads showing from the factory. My before measurements are with the factory tire size the after measurement is with 275/70-18 so 1" bigger. The end result is 8threads did not level it. It is still about 1-2 inches lower.

36.5 Front passenger
36.5 Front driver
39 Rear passenger
39.5 Rear driver

39.25 Front passenger
38.5 Front driver
40.5 Rear passenger
40 Rear driver

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
If you do adjust it just jack it up and take the wheel off and adjust with it installed. No need to take the coilover off to adjust.

·
Registered
85 Posts
As said above, clean and lube up the shaft as well as making sure your punch is fully seated in the collar with each twist. Also you might loosen the reservoir nut and some shock oil might come out when you're rotating the collar - make sure you torque it back down to not lose too much shock oil.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I left mine the way it came out of the box and it sits leveled, I took on some high speed offroad trails and it was super comfortable but I also removed my front sway bar. Total chaos is next on the list.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I left mine the way it came out of the box and it sits leveled, I took on some high speed offroad trails and it was super comfortable but I also removed my front sway bar. Total chaos is next on the list.
Removing front sway bar makes a huge difference as it allows the front independent suspension to move independently.
I had mine removed when I had my 07 RCSB 2WD, and now with my 2010 Crewmax 4x4.

Just like you Total Chaos UCA or MCM Fab UCA is in the future.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Removing front sway bar makes a huge difference as it allows the front independent suspension to move independently.
I had mine removed when I had my 07 RCSB 2WD, and now with my 2010 Crewmax 4x4.

Just like you Total Chaos UCA or MCM Fab UCA is in the future.
Yea make sure when you get a UCA that there is a topout spacer or something in the shocks that you can remove to add more wheel travel or droop thanks to the combination of king shocks and uniball UCA. I havent done it yet but ive read about it on here thanks to my @jberry

·
Registered
1 Posts

36.5 Front passenger
36.5 Front driver
39 Rear passenger
39.5 Rear driver

39.25 Front passenger
38.5 Front driver
40.5 Rear passenger
40 Rear driver
Ok I’m new to this so please forgive my ignorance. I just purchased a set of kings 2.5 RR coil overs and I would like it to have 3” on lift on the front. Where are these measurements taken from so I don’t have to keep adjusting the height? Where on the shock to you measure that you have 3” of lift? From the top of the mounting bracket to the adjusting collar???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.