Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running King 2.5 adjustable front coilovers? What do you think about them?

I am thinking about switching out my foxs so I can do adjustable Kings at all four corners. The rears are getting swapped for sure, but I am not sure if I should spend the cash for the Kings up front. I really like the idea of being able to adjust, but I have no experience with them. Is there really a big difference between full soft and full compression? I really need more up front, but LT is pretty spendy and I dont want to re-valve and have to drive to work with super stiff shocks every day.

So if you got em, tell me why you picked them and are you happy?

Feel free to kingvsfox all day long, im not gay on fox. But please, Im really interested in something adjustable so lets talk about that. If fox had 2.5 adjustables I would just get those probably.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dude that is old info. I read that ages ago. It must have been written in '05 '06??? It cant possibly be relevant nowadays :confused:

Anyways, I am really interested in peoples experience with ADJUSTABLE kings. or any other adjustable brand that is on the same level. thx tho

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
I have kings with adjuster front and rear and yes it make a big different.. I'm driving around town with the softest setting. It has 20 clicks adjustable. The highest setting I try was 7-9 clicks and I feel it too stiff for daily driven so I put it back to the lowest setting. Good luck

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have kings with adjuster front and rear and yes it make a big different.. I'm driving around town with the softest setting. It has 20 clicks adjustable. The highest setting I try was 7-9 clicks and I feel it too stiff for daily driven so I put it back to the lowest setting. Good luck
thx man! thats what I was hoping to hear!

Have you taken them off road? If you did, what did you set them to?

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can the King clicker be fitted onto a normal King 2.5?

I noticed that fox has an adjuster for my 2.0s. I wonder if they have plans on an adjuster for the 2.5s?

Just looked a prices on Kings and I now remember why I went with fox in the first place lol It would be cheaper if I could just add adjusters to my current setup.

How much do you guys think my foxs would offset the cost of swapping out to the kings?

·
Premium Member
39,325 Posts
Despized, we'd appreciate it if you become a vendor before pitching any products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The adjuster Fox uses on the 2.0 will not handle the fluid volume displaced by the larger 7/8" shafts used on the 2.5 shocks.
No I understand that, I'm just wondering if fox will make one for the 2.5s. Maybe I should hold out a little bit and see if fox comes through?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I just bought a used set of 2.5 coilover resi & 2.0 rear w/ resi. Haven't installed it yet. Really like the adjustable. Would love to have this ipgrade done before installation

How is the ride with them as is? Is it stiff for normal driving?

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Btw, they already have CD adjuster for the rear and developing one for the front.

We are currently developing a CD adjuster for 2.5" remote reservoir shocks. It will be available as an upgrade kit for your coil over shocks. We expect its release within 6 months.

Service Department - Offroad Division
Truck | SUV | Offroad Race | Defense

[email protected]
Direct 619.768.1800
750 Vernon Way Suite 101, El Cajon, CA 92020
Looks like I have a plan now. Hurry up and wait :D

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just bought a used set of 2.5 coilover resi & 2.0 rear w/ resi. Haven't installed it yet. Really like the adjustable. Would love to have this ipgrade done before installation

How is the ride with them as is? Is it stiff for normal driving?
you buy kings or foxs? My foxs are a little stiff for DD duties, but I like them that way. But when I load up weight and hit the dirt, they could use more compression damping depending on the terrain. Thats why I am looking to upgrade, low compression for the street, max compression for the dirt

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Found this on a craptor website. The guys were asking a fox representative about the CD adjusters vs an internal bypass shock (Aug 2012):

"The patented FOX Factory Series 3.0 Coilover is the only position sensitive internal bypass shock on the market. Here are the differences between a position sensitive internal bypass shock and a velocity sensitive shock with a reservoir compression adjuster.

A compression adjuster that is located on the reservoir of a velocity sensitive shock adjusts the stiffness of compression by restricting the rate of oil flow into the reservoir. When the shock shaft moves into the body of the shock it takes up volume, the added volume requires that the excess oil to be transferred into the reservoir. By restricting the flow rate in which this oil is transferred you can make the shock stiffer. The drawback to this technology and to velocity sensitive shocks in general is that you cannot control where in the shock travel the added stiffness or compression comes into play. In order to keep the truck from bottoming out at high shaft speeds you need to increase valving and restrict the flow to the reservoir via the adjuster. The huge compromise is that at slow shaft speeds this will give the truck an extremely harsh or stiff feeling, making the truck skate on graded roads and bounce going down the highway.

A position sensitive internal bypass shock has multiple compression and rebound shock travel stages that are tuned independently of each other. When the truck is near normal ride height the shock piston is traveling within a zone that delivers a plush comfortable bottomless feel, allowing the transfer of weight for traction and that planted confident steering wheel feel in corners. When the truck takes a large ditch or lands from a jump, the shock piston travels into progressively stiffer zones to catch and slow the suspension before bottoming. Along with the increased compression control in the zone near bottom out, the internal bypass has an increased rebound control zone, which prevents the truck from bucking or bouncing after a hard hit. On the reverse end of the shock, when the truck becomes airborne the shock piston will travel down into a near top out zone to catch the suspension from having a hard stop, which prevents joint failure, and increases suspension component longevity."

I want internal bypass now. The craptor guys get all the cool stuff :mad:

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
3.0 is not going to fit on our tundra.

Oh I bought fox. I would prefer king adjustables but got a good deal on the package.
I got an email from fox saying they will have adjuster for 2.5" in 6 months. But install is involved and spring will have to be removed, oil/nitrogen refilled. Sounds like you'll have to send the shock in for service. Prob it will end up costing about $1000 when it's all said and done.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
3.0 is not going to fit on our tundra.

Oh I bought fox. I would prefer king adjustables but got a good deal on the package.
I got an email from fox saying they will have adjuster for 2.5" in 6 months. But install is involved and spring will have to be removed, oil/nitrogen refilled. Sounds like you'll have to send the shock in for service. Prob it will end up costing about $1000 when it's all said and done.
Yup no 3.0 guys.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
They will fit as a secondary front and would think you could get them to fit the rear.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts