Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should have done this a while ago, but hopefully late is better than never.

My name is Oin Taylor. I live in San Marcos, CA, which is about 30 miles north of San Diego. I work as a Network Operations Tech for the major cable company in San Diego.

I have been lurking/viewing on here for a few months now, like August or September last year, when I was just daydreaming of getting a Tundra. I would look up threads about problems with Tundras, or tips and tricks in modding, lift kits, wheels, etc. I had a paid-off 2004 Ranger, but I really missed my Full-Size from many years back. My fiancee surprised me with a call from the dealer saying if I wanted a Tundra, to come down and make sure the one they had there had all the stuff I wanted. She had beat them down to some good numbers for us, and I just had to approve the truck :D That was 11-18-2012. I joined officially here that night as well. I have read many good informative and funny posts from all you, and I have already tried to contribute where I can. I enjoy this place a lot and I know I will for a long time.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Oin. Congrats on your Tundra. Man, your fiancé sounds like a cool person. You are a lucky man.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Looks good, greetings and salutations. I last lived in Escondido before moving to Oregon. The architecture in the background of your pic reminds of SD area.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good, greetings and salutations. I last lived in Escondido before moving to Oregon. The architecture in the background of your pic reminds of SD area.
I lived in Esco for about 26 years, since I was 10 or 11. I moved to Carmel Mtn. Ranch for a few years, and now in San Marcos for the last 3.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oin, Welcome and congrats on the Tundra, x2 what chphilo said, i'm jealous of your fiance! my wife only complains about how much $$ i put in my truck... but she sure does love driving it! LOL
Ha! She is supportive of all the upgrades so far, especially the stereo, man those stock speakers are bad! She offers input, but leaves the choices up to me on the upgrades. Yes I am a lucky guy! She loves to drive it too. We're not holding back on doing what we want with this truck because we will keep it for a LONG time knowing the reliability of Toyotas, especially on good maintenance cycles.

·
Trans-Immigrant
15,631 Posts
Oin, can i have your wife speak to mine!

I have learned A LONG time ago... it is much easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission :D
so when parts arrive in the mail, she get mad, but they are already there... god forbid I propose them to her..

she likes to be frugal and not spend $ on unnecessary things... where I am the complete opposite! LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Hey Oin,
Looks like we have about 12+ Tundras so far to meet up this summer, probably somewhere by the beach or bay (in San Diego). You'll probably see some cool/insane mods in person. I'll keep you and the newly forming group posted..

Reactions: Ointaylor

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I lived in Esco for about 26 years, since I was 10 or 11. I moved to Carmel Mtn. Ranch for a few years, and now in San Marcos for the last 3.
Small world, I was at Del Dios middle school from about 76-79 and my younger brother and sister went to Felicita. I was all set to go to SPHS but my parents decided to move the family to Ory-gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts