Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on here installed the Kicker Hideaway box in their Tundra? I'm wondering what it sounds like.

Reactions: ZoCal and Ogtoyfan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Kicker Hideaway subwoofer/amp installed

Well I went ahead and installed this new Kicker unit under the front passenger seat. It fits nicely and I installed the remote controller in the small pocket in front of my center console shifter. It sounds awesome and you can't even tell that their is anything installed. I kept everything stock, all the speakers and head unit, and just added this. This unit cost about $349 and makes a huge difference in thecsound quality. I wasn't looking to rattle the windows, just a good clean sound with some punch when necessary.

Reactions: Ogtoyfan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kicker Hideaway subwoofer/amp pics

Vehicle Auto part Vehicle audio Bumper Technology

Vehicle Car Family car Mitsubishi Mitsubishi pajero

Vehicle Car

Reactions: ZoCal and Ogtoyfan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It requires removing the gauge cover, head unit, kick panel and routing wires underneath the carpet. One wire for each rear door speaker to splice into behind the head unit. A power wire tied into the battery with a inline fuse, a ground wire and wire to the remote I installed in the extra pocket. I removed the pocket and drilled a small hole in the back of it. The carpet under the seat already has a seam cut in it so no cutting there. Took about 2.5 hours to install. All wires under the hood I ran in wire loom and zip tied neatly so it looks factory installed.

Reactions: mtdrop and Ogtoyfan

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Did you splice/solder behind the h/u or use t-taps? Just curious.

Nice that it's hidden... Isn't that an 8"

Reactions: Ogtoyfan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is an 8" sub and yes it is soldered in. You sure as hell don't want to take all that apart just to get to those wires. It's a major headache trying not to break those plastic tabs on everything. It sounds awesome. Not too much bass.Just enough to do the job and the remote allows you to add or take away bass in any song quickly. Thats a nice option that is quick to access.

·
Registered
386 Posts
That looks great, I need to learn how to solder... So much to do and these threads aren't helping the itch.

Nicely done sir

1 - 10 of 10 Posts