Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's got one, what brand, and what advice do you have?

I'm looking to get one, would like to get a good one as cheap as I can. I see Costco has a Dandy model for under $400.

·
Administrator
10,982 Posts
Unless you're getting a commercial one, just get a used old fridge and add a tap, they use the same amount of electricity and get colder.

·
Registered
53 Posts
We had a converted fridge/freezer back in college. Frozen pizza in the freezer and pizza boxes sitting on the keg in the fridge. Man I miss those days!!

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
I agree with the old fridge build. I know a couple of people who had an old fridge, added a tap to the front door and were good to go. Freezer holds ice for mixed drinks. You can also fit a bigger CO2 tank inside.
For refilling the CO2, ask around at a few liquor stores in the area. The Coors distributor used to refill the tanks for free, don't know if they still do. All you had to do was leave your tank with the liquor store the day before and it would get filled with the rest of tanks when the Coors truck showed up. They might charge now.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I had one, it is still in the family but doesn't get used on a regular basis.

My only advise, if your not going to have friends around to help you with it only buy pony kegs. A keg is only good for about a month and a pony keg will moderate you more. It leads to drinking too much.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have a True brand kegerator, which is a commercial grade one. I picked it up off Craigslist for about 500 bucks. I love it, however they can be finicky. It took me at least one keg to get the temp and CO2 dialed in. After that all I had to do was clean the hoses and tap after each keg. Draft Keg Beer Equipment, Taps, Kegerators | Micro Matic USA has all the parts, accessories and even kegerators for sale, however retail commercial kegerators will run you about 1k new.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I had one, it is still in the family but doesn't get used on a regular basis.

My only advise, if your not going to have friends around to help you with it only buy pony kegs. A keg is only good for about a month and a pony keg will moderate you more. It leads to drinking too much.
Depends on the beer, ive uad kegs for much longer than a month

·
Registered
421 Posts

Amazon.com: Danby DKC5811BSL Keg Cooler - Stainless Look: Appliances

This is my second Kegerator. It will freeze it at 60% dial. My old one never really got that cold, it was a Haier. I have a hole drilled in the granite with a plug when I use the tower for parties. I usually just use a dispensing gun for regular use. I also keep the co2 bottle in the fridge also. Sorry about the pic quality. It was night time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts