Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have some new wheels on order to replace my SR5 stockers, should I keep the stock wheels or sell them? I also have a set of Michelin LTX AT2's at the house with plenty of tread left. Should I put the stock wheels on those tires to put them back on the truck when I sell it to get a new one in a year or two?

· Premium Member
18,382 Posts
Lol, very nice demonstration of the correct grammatical use of sale, and sell.
Have you been hanging out with Fenris? JK :D :eek:

I sold my stock rims. I didn't want to keep moving them around or have them take up space. I plan on keeping my tundra for A LONG time.

The few hundred $$ that you get for them can go towards truck mods!
:D

· "Off-Topic Discussion Troll"
1,288 Posts
I would just go ahead and SALE THEM !!! Why kept them around. You can always buy them again cheap...

· Registered
578 Posts
Same boat here- I was planning on just keeping mine- swapping them back on way down the road before I traded in/sold/destroyed the truck. Figured I'd have a better market in then selling my aftermarkets at that point. In the meantime, I'll throw them up on craigslist for more than I'd be willing to take, obo, and see if I happen to get someone to bite. I did that with my tacoma, got someone to pay $800 for my sport TRD rims and tires.

· Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmmmmmmmmm................ decisions decisions. If I keep them, I plan on jimmying with the dealer on trade in, or buyer. "Would you like stock rims on a brand new set of Michelin tires, or aftermarket wheels with Nittos?" "Ok, well that's gonna cost ya a little more." :lol5:

· Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
XD Monsters +35, just ordered yesterday. Won't be here till next week. Yes, I know lots of people have them, I don't care I love the way they look.

· Registered
578 Posts
You aren't paying attention...we are trying to help you make a little pocket change. ...sell them! Especially while they still have any market value.

In 2-3 years when you decide to sell your truck, your junk ass wheels will be of no value to anyone, since the market will be flooded with the new 2014+ stocker wheels :D

(So I'm not accused of being an insensitive asshole, I'm not saying your wheels are junk....I'm saying that they WILL BE junk in a few years :beerchug:)

hadn't considered that... very valid point.

· Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol, hey man I can keep them in the shower with my Michelin's! I get what you're saying, I was just he-hawing around about jimmying with the dealer about wheels. So is $300 a fair price or too high?

· Registered
5,147 Posts
I kept the old stock wheels on my last truck thinking I could put them back on the truck if I ever had to get rid of them. They took up space I could have used for other things. Then when we moved just to get them off my hands fast and avoid lugging them to the new house I broke down and dumped them for scrap, getting a fraction of what I would have otherwise. If I had to do it all over again I would unload them as soon as I went aftermarket.

· Premium Member
40,740 Posts
Lol, hey man I can keep them in the shower with my Michelin's! I get what you're saying, I was just he-hawing around about jimmying with the dealer about wheels. So is $300 a fair price or too high?
I sold stock tires for $400 and stock sr5 wheels for $400. Can't sell my steelies. I'd price them at $400 on CL so you have some wiggle room.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.