Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about buying some Katskin leather seat covers for my 2013 Tundra CM. Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't have any feedback on the brand itself, but upgrading to leather is a great investment. Everyone seems to love the Katzkin brand though.

And jhuey8947 sells them on here. John is awesome to work with and extremely helpful.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Be careful what you buy from John Huey. Althought his price and service are excellent I am not overjoyed with the amount of vinyl used in the set I bought.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Be careful what you buy from John Huey. Althought his price and service are excellent I am not overjoyed with the amount of vinyl used in the set I bought.
That's dependent upon the kit you buy. Most standard kits, which is what most of us here buy, are only leather on the seating surface itself. They use a high quality vinyl for the sides and areas that don't see much traffic. Same goes for most factory leather. My 2011 4Runner was the same from Toyota. It had vinyl on the sides and leather where you sit.

If you upgrade to the deluxe kits you get more leather than with the standard kits.

Reactions: shaker428

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice. Truck currently has black fabric seats and the outside color is the dark metallic green. I was thinking of going with black leather and possibly dark green stitching.

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
BTW the leather that Toyota uses is the in the middle of the seat while the outer side is naughyde.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
You will be happy with Katskinz, I did it to my old 2007 Tundra and here are a few pics. I loved it and it was very comfortable, I am considering doing it to my new Tundra eventually.

My next one though will be black leather with red stitching since my new Tundra is radiant red with black interior...

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
I too have been looking at Katskinz and at Leatherseats.com. I called Leatherseats.com and found that they have three packages with the most expensive one being $1,200 but it is all leather and no vinyl. They have an all leather seating surface only, front and back at $700 that really interests me. I haven't been able to find much leather to vinyl ratio info. on the Katskins. I know that I don't want the back seat to have just a strip of leather insert as some come.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Bummer, leatherseats.com doesnt offer anything for the 2013 Tundra.
Try calling thats what I did. Their search option doesn't display a package. Your seats can't be very much different than mine in a 2011 and I know they carry mine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just got mine in from JHuey and very happy with the look. I have kids and dogs so the non leather parts don't bother me at all. I do have the black suede centers also in mine. Haven't installed yet cause I'm waiting for my 13 TT to be delivered from the Texas facility.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I got mine done at the dealership where I bought my truck. It cost an extra $1000 for them installed. I wish I had gone darker, but so far they look great, and i love them!

Reactions: r0ckwarrior

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
For about $1350, get Katzkins and heated seats. That's the best money you will ever spend.
Mine are 3 years old, and look new still.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Prices you guys are quoting are a heck of a lot cheaper than the Katzskin web site. Where are you buying them from?

Does Katzskin have recommended installers? I'll be relocating to Colorado Springs within 2 weeks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Prices you guys are quoting are a heck of a lot cheaper than the Katzskin web site. Where are you buying them from?

Does Katzskin have recommended installers? I'll be relocating to Colorado Springs within 2 weeks.
Most are ordering on here from Jhuey8947.

Leardriver, did you install your seat heaters yourself?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 41 Posts