Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guy, Special running on a K&N Intake kit for the 5.7. Price is $305.00 Plus shipping and unfortunately tax, in California.

Here is the link to their PDF Dyno Sheet: http://www.kandn.com/dynocharts/77-9031.pdf

Estimated Horsepower Gain: 13.43 HP according to K&N. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Miguel - RMJ

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2008 the engine bay has not change from what I have seen. The intake design is a bit different than the volant, the filter does not sit in an enclosed box, but is open to the air like the picture above. It does however have a heat shield to block off the engines hot air.

My experience with K&N has allways been good, and the power gains are realistic. The price is a bit nicer as well, compared to AFE and Volant.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok guy, Special running on a K&N Intake kit for the 5.7. Price is $305.00 Plus shipping and unfortunately tax, in California.

Here is the link to their PDF Dyno Sheet: http://www.kandn.com/dynocharts/77-9031.pdf

Estimated Horsepower Gain: 13.43 HP according to K&N. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Miguel - RMJ
Let me make sure I understand this, you $305 for something that makes less hp than the stock truck? What am I missing here?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rock, the 381hp listed number by Toyota, is the Engine horsepower. The Dyno chart is reflecting the horsepower measured at the wheels. Most vehicles lose about 20-25% from the engine to the wheels, because the power has to be transfered to the wheels through the drivetrain.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Rock, the 381hp listed number by Toyota, is the Engine horsepower. The Dyno chart is reflecting the horsepower measured at the wheels. Most vehicles lose about 20-25% from the engine to the wheels, because the power has to be transfered to the wheels through the drivetrain.
OK .... stand corrected. I understand now. Now that I've stared at the chart a bit longer whats more impressive is how the power comes on quicker at 3500 revs. Is that real, with just an intake? If so that must push you back in the seat big time! Would I be correct in guessing that the torque peak is right around 3500 also?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are probably right, I have been tryin to get a torque chart from them. Torque is what is most important on a truck, in my opinion anyhow. ANd that should come on nice and early by the looks of the horsepower graph

1 - 9 of 9 Posts