Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cable Electronics Technology Electronic device Wire

I kinda connected it up as a mock up.. Just having trouble picturing where those two grey connectors go?? Can someone with koopas drl guide me im the right direction..

Google some pdf' installs and all have soldering involved:dunno: these seem like plug and play..

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
Here is PDF. If I remember correctly, there is one plug to each light, a ground, a positive lead to battery or fuse, a wire lead to low beam to dim led's when headlights come on and a wire lead to signals to dim the led's when signal lights come on. You should have wire harnesses that plug into the plugs coming outta the main control box. I opted to just do the dimming when headlights come on. I just used a wire tap connector and tapped into the driver side headlight low beam + wire.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Unplug the DRL from the truck and plug into one of those gray plugs. Plug the other gray plug back into the headlight.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is PDF. If I remember correctly, there is one plug to each light, a ground, a positive lead to battery or fuse, a wire lead to low beam to dim led's when headlights come on and a wire lead to signals to dim the led's when signal lights come on. You should have wire harnesses that plug into the plugs coming outta the main control box. I opted to just do the dimming when headlights come on. I just used a wire tap connector and tapped into the driver side headlight low beam + wire.
Thanks.. Only thing is that i dont have the blue dimming wire. But ill give it a tey

·
Registered
112 Posts
where to get these wonderful drls?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
277 Posts
Installed them, and they look awesome.. Only thing is that i dont have hid, so when i turn on my light they look out of place.

Any recommendations on a hid kit

I got my HID kit from DDM; 6000K High and Low beams. They were pretty easy to install and look great.

How much did you pay for those DRLs? They look sweet. Post some pics when you get a chance.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Headlamp Automotive lighting White Light Automotive exterior

Took a quick photo with my iphone... I love the lights, but look kinda weird with my oem headlights and fogs on. Looking into ddm hids, but undecided to get 3k or 5k.. Looking for a close enough match. What do you all recommend, 3k or 5k?
Automotive lighting Light Lighting Darkness Night

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ouch, can't see spending $310 on drl when I could invest those money I to my ls460 retrofit and a way better output rather than appearance

·
Registered
92 Posts
In the slot for the 10A ignition fuse.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts