Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm new to this forum, but not to Tundras. I've owned my 2007 Tundra for about 3 years, and I love it. MPG could be better, but IMO, the power, the quality of the vehicle, and the ride makes up for the poor mpg .
Now that my Double Cab is paid off I decided to get a lift. I chose the BDS 7" coil over suspension lift.
I'm not thrilled about cutting crossmembers, and welding on new stuff to make it all work, but one must focus on the end result which is what I'm doing. My only hang up is wheel offsets, and back spacing. The little research I've done on this showed me that I'm not alone when it comes to wrapping your head around offsets/backspacing parameters. There must be tricks to understanding it all, and I'm all ears...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello all. I'm new to this forum, but not to Tundras. I've owned my 2007 Tundra for about 3 years, and I love it. MPG could be better, but IMO, the power, the quality of the vehicle, and the ride makes up for the poor mpg .
Now that my Double Cab is paid off I decided to get a lift. I chose the BDS 7" coil over suspension lift.
I'm not thrilled about cutting crossmembers, and welding on new stuff to make it all work, but one must focus on the end result which is what I'm doing. My only hang up is wheel offsets, and back spacing. The little research I've done on this showed me that I'm not alone when it comes to wrapping your head around offsets/backspacing parameters. There must be tricks to understanding it all, and I'm all ears...
I found a graphic utility on google. I will post it once back to home. I am installing black rhino madness 18 inch wheels wit a 12 positive offset, wit 35x12.5 inch K02s I will have about 1 inch outside the wheel wells. I might need to pull the front mud flaps have a 3.5” lift currently.

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I found a graphic utility on google. I will post it once back to home. I am installing black rhino madness 18 inch wheels wit a 12 positive offset, wit 35x12.5 inch K02s I will have about 1 inch outside the wheel wells. I might need to pull the front mud flaps have a 3.5” lift currently.
This is your Black Rhinos with 295/70/18

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is your Black Rhinos with 295/70/18 View attachment 881078

They are the same wheel style ( I think these are 20's) I will have them on the 17th 35x12.5 K02's are going on but same colour truck. I have a lot of clearance with the lift and the ARB summit bumper

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ran across this site; 2008 Toyota Tundra Fuel Throttle Bds Suspension | Custom Offsets It gives me an idea what certain offset/back spacing perameters, and tire/wheel size looks like on a 2008. It's not the same though because I'm getting 35" tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts