Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whelp I got my 5100's in a few days ago and finally had the time to get them installed. My mechanic only charged me $80 to put them in then align so it was a great deal!!

I had them set on the middle setting and they are a tad bit stiffer than my stock TRD suspension, not really a bad thing. I thought the truck was kind of "bouncy" before but these 5100's cleared that right up.

So far I am happy with them and if anyone needs any stock 2010 TRD front struts, give me a shout and we can work something out.

Can't wait to get the rest done!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
50 Posts
The middle setting on the 5100's raised your front how much over the TRD shocks? I have a non-TRD 4x4 and was wondering if I put 5100's on the front and set at the middle setting would it be too stiff. I replaced the front stock non-TRD coils/shocks on my former Gen 1 truck with TRD coils/yellow bilstiens and it leveled my truck and a better ride. My brand new Non-TRD Tundra does not ride/handle as good as my 02 Gen 1 truck with 200k on it. I stayed away from the TRD package due to the bed bounce problem. Thanks

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not exactly sure what it got me. I believe it was around 1.5-2 inches. It is a better ride though, a little stiffer but it was like riding on a trampoline before.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Trampoline..... thats exactly what it feels like. Going down the interstate where expansion joints are above road surface is like a mild bucking horse. Front end and back end doing two different things at the same time. I cant wait to upgrade these cheap Totiko (sp) throw away shocks for some quaility ones. "Oh what a feeling". Just don't want jaw jarring stiffness in this street truck. Thanks

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 5100's on second setting are nice. It's not jarring at all. I am happy I did it and intend on replacing the rear with them as well after all of my lift is purchased.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Glad you got them on and like them. Lets see some pics!! :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess it's because I'm trying to do it from my iPhone. I dunno. Tried that link and it wouldn't let me do anything... No flash player!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It won't let me upload any pics no matter the size.... Oh well maybe from a computer later

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for the reassurance of the 5100's. My truck is a factory tamed street 4x4... I just want a better ride, more level look and upsize the tires a little to LT275-70-18's.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Trampoline..... thats exactly what it feels like. Going down the interstate where expansion joints are above road surface is like a mild bucking horse. Front end and back end doing two different things at the same time.
I know exactly what Ur talking about, we have a section of I-40 here in the land of entrapment that used to make the truck bounce. Afterward you would feel sick like after a good rollercoaster. But now with the new OME 612 it felt like i was floating over the tops. Guess the old suspension couldn't handle it and would get in a rhythm.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
I I had the trd package stock with my truck, it was decent but they needed to be replaced so I got some 5100's. At first i was content with them but after a few days I started not likeing the ride, it was pretty rough on the roads I drive so i took em back n upgraded to kings 2.5 with a res, I lost a kidney in the process,lol, But it's well worth it in the long run

·
Registered
105 Posts
so it just basically helps with the feel of the truck ride? im planning on installing the pro comp 4" lift on my tundra so would this affect that process at all?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know they improved my ride from bouncy to stiffer. It was improved to my taste.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts