Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My OEM wipers finally weren’t doing the job so I decided to grab some new ones. Ended up buying a pair of Rain X Latitudes from Walmart. They are doing the job but I was hoping for something better. Anyone out there just amazed by their new wipers??!! Let me know! Thank you!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I'm used to Advance Auto sourced (not Rain X ones) wipers and them lasting maybe 12 months and at that 12th month just being a streaking mess.

The Mama Toyota ones on my 2017 that I took delivery on 56 weeks ago behave today as though they are new. I would call their performance outstanding. I seem to recall someone on this here lil' truck board commenting that they buy stockers. Period. Can't recall who. Big Shasta?

I haven't priced the stockers from Roman yet. Simply cuz I don't need to. And the way they're going I might get two years out of one set. :eek:

·
Registered
397 Posts
I’d also say it depends on your weather. If you get snow/sleet/freezing rain, you may want a good set. If I lived where we only got rain, I’d buy the cheapest set and just use the rain x fluid on the windsheild. Don’t even need wipers if you have that stuff!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I’d also say it depends on your weather. If you get snow/sleet/freezing rain, you may want a good set. If lived where we only got rain, I’d buy the cheapest set and just use the rain x fluid on the windsheild. Don’t even need wipers if you have that stuff!

There's a lot of truth to that^^^.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’d also say it depends on your weather. If you get snow/sleet/freezing rain, you may want a good set. If I lived where we only got rain, I’d buy the cheapest set and just use the rain x fluid on the windsheild. Don’t even need wipers if you have that stuff!

Thank you! We get a lot of rain here in Geyserville and it ends up icing over on my windshield. That’s the extent of the weather out here. I’ll grab some rain x online! Thanks for the information and enjoy your night brotha!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have had my truck 3 years 6 months now. I still have the original wipers. they will be replaced in the coming weeks though, as they have started streaking a little and have an occasional squeal within the past 8 or so weeks.

I am buying stock wipers again. every time I have put wipers from auto zone or advanced auto on a car, they barely last a year. and some of them only lasted a month or 2. Even the expensive bosch ones.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have had my truck 3 years 6 months now. I still have the original wipers. they will be replaced in the coming weeks though, as they have started streaking a little and have an occasional squeal within the past 8 or so weeks.

I am buying stock wipers again. every time I have put wipers from auto zone or advanced auto on a car, they barely last a year. and some of them only lasted a month or 2. Even the expensive bosch ones.

I’ve never had anything last me more than a year—over 3 is impressive? You guys get anything besides rain for precip?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I’ve never had anything last me more than a year—over 3 is impressive? You guys get anything besides rain for precip?

Tapatalk
Im on long island, NY. We get snow and ice too. Not a lot, but enough (average about 30 inches of snow a year).

I rainx my windows once or twice a year, and I'm not a heavy wiper user.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Im on long island, NY. We get snow and ice too. Not a lot, but enough (average about 30 inches of snow a year).

I rainx my windows once or twice a year, and I'm not a heavy wiper user.
Good for you. Nor am I. I'm also a very light brakes user. I want at least 100,000 miles out of my pads. Of course that won't happen if I blow a curve and wad into a southern yellow pine. But I digress.

·
Registered
179 Posts
On my ‘99 Tacoma I only used the OEM blades. I’ve never replaced the frame and only purchased the rubber and they were always outstanding. The tundra is almost 2 and the OEM blades are still in good shape. I’ll likely replace them after the summer season though.

This is living in Dallas area with scorching summers and some insane rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Why does Rain-x say we need a 24 inch blade for the passengers side? I thought it was 26 and 22.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Just jumping back in here.

In one month I will celebrate 2 years on the stock Mama Toyota wipers. And they still work very very well. I will say that I practice good wiper management and not run them when they're not needed. Or run them on high when intermittent is just fine.

·
Administrator
5,324 Posts
Just jumping back in here.

In one month I will celebrate 2 years on the stock Mama Toyota wipers. And they still work very very well. I will say that I practice good wiper management and not run them when they're not needed. Or run them on high when intermittent is just fine.
I got my truck in March 2015. I still have the stock wipers and they still work great.

Granted, my truck is garaged at home and work, so they never sit out in the sub, but they have managed to last almost 41,000 miles.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.