Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I just bought a 2013 dc rock warrior..ive had it a month and a week now and has 1700 miles on it.. I didn't even look at the crewmaxs when I purchased it because the first lot I went to told me they were 7-10k more and I really didn't care for them but there growing on me.. After looking online at the lot I got mine at a week or two later they had one for 2500 more... im 26 planning on having kids soon and have a black lab that's 3 months old.. So I just would like some opinions, I like the look of the dc more in stock form and like the bigger bed as I came from a 8ft bed, but I love the rear room of the crewmax, the flip down seats and rear air.. I think I can get by with the smaller bed as I have a 6x12 if needed, I usually only put tools in the bed, hunting equipment and dead deers during season.. I haven't been in person buy over the phone a local dealer said they would give me 30 for mine and the have the cm rw I want for 36.. I think I would do it if they would give me 31 and the cm for 35 but realistlcy 35.5... I plan on keeping this truck forever and don't want to regret something 8 years down the road

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
It sounds like you like your DC, and the reasons for having a CM are all "down the road" reasons.

I know when I was 17, I bought my first new truck - I was keeping it forever. When I was 19, I came across a deal on a Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. Traded up, figuring I would keep it forever. A Ranger, a Ram, a Durango, a F150, a Denali, a Subie Forester, a Ram, a Highlander, a Ram, a LexusRX, and now a Tundra.

I've been meaning to keep them all forever.

Do what will make you happy, but keep in mind of another thing you'll need "down the road".... Cash.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had a crewmax first and yes the backseat and rear window are AWESOME, but the double cab is perfectly find and large enough for kids, a little tight with a car seat though, and the longer bed is useful for me. I do miss that back seat from time to time though.

Reactions: signaltwenty

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
For the dog, a DC might be more convenient since its seats fold up. Unless you are very tall, you could accommodate the baby seats fine. It's doable. Throw a camper in the back. The space you gain in the camper will be exactly the amount of space you lost in the cab. For a CM, a camper is not as convenient. It's too short to be able to sleep in there, for instance. Keep it until you actually need a CM. By then, your loss would not be as bad.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kool thanks for everyones input, looks like ill have to think again about talking my self into the cm...

Are you sitting in the back seat of your own truck?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

No but I think to much, I was thinking the rear air would be good for babys in the winter, the rear window would be good to let the dog hang his head in or out, and the bigger cab would be good on long trips so the wife could lay her seat back with the kids in the back, while not being able to kick my seat and drive me crazy...

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
kool thanks for everyones input, looks like ill have to think again about talking my self into the cm...

No but I think to much, I was thinking the rear air would be good for babys in the winter, the rear window would be good to let the dog hang his head in or out, and the bigger cab would be good on long trips so the wife could lay her seat back with the kids in the back, while not being able to kick my seat and drive me crazy...
Is your baby on the way? Twins? How soon? There are couples that tried to have a baby for years without success. So even if your wife gets pregnant now, it will take quite a while before they could actually kick your seat.

Don't get me wrong. I do love my CM. With 4 children from 11 down to 6, my CM is awesome. Love that sliding rear window too. Is it worth 5k? Don't know. Well, in a way, if it's gonna make you regret your decision over and over and torture you and gives you many sleepless nights, it might be worth 5k to trade it for a CM, haha.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
You wont need a Crewmax FOR AT LEAST 6 years. First year wife pregnant, the other 5-6 years baby seat will fit fine in a DC. So at around year 7-9 you might be considering a CM.
I have a crewmax but you can fit 3 adults in a DC just fine, let alone 1 to 2 kids.
IMO Save your money for kids stuff to come!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
How much bed do you need. For myself, I rarely have pax and just as rarely need a full bed. I chose the CM because I'll be carrying passengers more often then needing a full bed all though I should just kept my '04 DC because it was just right in both aspects.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'd say go with the Crewmax but wait for a year though. I have one and love it and it's just me, wifey and our 10 year old daughter. I bought mine thinking more in cab space and when looking, the price of th DC was cheaper but not what i wanted. I had other's try to convince me that the DC would be plenty of room but I went to the dealer with the wife and sat in a DC with the driver seat adjusted to my preferences. She then got in the back directly behind me and her knees were in the seat. I have a 10 year old daughter who's currently 5'4 and growing so with the Crewmax, she has plenty of room in the back by herself and she could recline the back seat enough to keep her head from tilting forward as she sleeps while traveling on vacation.

You will love the back window of the crewmax being able to roll all the way down. Get a bed cover and it becomes a big trunk.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Diapers: $50-$75/week per kid :yikes:
Daycare: $200-$300/week PER infant :yikes:
Breast milk: Free :D
Everything else necessary to raise babies (food, formula, clothes, toys, bouncy toys/swings/and other bouncy shit, baby monitors, cribs, pack n plays, high chairs, etc.: every last dime that you thought you had left, and then some :yesnod:

And yes, all that shit will need to fit in the bed of your truck when you go on road trips....

Your sex life will go to shit, so start a secret "hooker fund" now :lol:

So yeah, I guess keeping your truck ain't a bad idea for now :D
roflol secret hooker fund , cheaper to get one of the two man rollers replaced with a lotion dispenser and get a good online web membership lol

cheaper to keep them then to get caught lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts