Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put this sub under their back seat? I am thinking of cutting a piece of the storage box out and placing one there. Looks like it will fit with the grill taken off. I just don't know anything about if a sub needs space above it or is it OK for the seat to be right down near the top. Also does it matter if the port faces towards the front or back of the cab as far as sound?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
It wi sound best with the port firing to the rear or side of the cab either is fine, that is a great little subwoofer your going to like it, what kind of amp are you going to run it with?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Just read the rest of your post, it is just fine to remove the grill but if its that close probably not a good idea you don't want the sub to touch the bottom of the seat at all.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe there will be just a bit of clearance if the deminsions are correct on the JL site. I have a JL XD700/5 amp and C2 components in the front and C2 coax in the back. I'm trying to put an Audiocontrol LC7i in to clean up the stock HU, but am having trouble getting it to work. Have a new one on the way replacing the first one, hope that fixes the problem. Thanks Platinumb for the advice!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have this exact sub behind the seat in my crewmax. Huge bass from this little sub. My seat is pushed right on top of the front screen and sounds perfect.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the sub in and I had to slide it up to where the front is flush with the edge of the seat instead of flush with the edge of the storage tray. I basically cut a piece out of the storage tray the width of the sub and I now have the passenger side compartment intact and the drivers side compartment is about 11 inches less than before. I have the sub sitting under the middle of the seat. I will say even without the LC7i that I'm waiting on, the stock HU, JL XD700/5 amp and this sub add a good thump.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had your exact sub and box...couldn't get it to fit, no matter how I positioned it. It's now going in my buddy's F-250. I'm glad you got it to fit. Just be careful that the sub doesn't partially fire into the bottom of the seat. One side impacts and the other fires fully and you're buying a new one.

Got the Stealthbox. Love it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts