Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stationed here in Florida, just got orders to Alaska this fall. Looking to add either a jerry can & mount set up or rotopax set & mount. Anybody out there done this or have suggestions? If you have done this please post photos. I'm trying to avoid drilling into the bed for the mount(s) and looking at adding a lazerlite tonneau soon, so any ideas/suggestions keep in mind it needs to seat beneath the tonneau. I just added the deck rail system, and the rotopax rail mount seats about 3 inches above the bed . Help me out!

Reactions: Ogtoyfan

·
Registered
326 Posts
When I drove to Alaska last summer I used an adjustable bed bar to hold three 5 gallon plastic cans in place (never used more than two cans).

The Rotopax are cool :cool: but spendy :eek:

Edit: If you have the OEM rail system they make an adjustable divider for it. Make sure the tonneau is compatible with it.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Solid idea, Stu. I've been looking into them NATO cans and a bed x tender with bungie cords. I'm sold on the idea. I appreciate the idea and response.

Reactions: Ogtoyfan

·
Registered
416 Posts
I use a ratchet strap across the back for gas cans in the winter time, works great and its cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts